Apple has won me over

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Afini, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Afini macrumors member

Well, I was die hard anti-mac for the longest time. I refused to even use one until earlier this year, but I have to say the OS is rather charming and after using my friends for a couple weeks out of curiousity, and frustration with my decision to pay and upgrade to windows VISTA only to have it irritate me to no end, I have decided to join the ranks of mac users.

Figured I'd say hi, because this site has been quite the tool so far, and I'm sure I will be coming here with lots of questions as I learn a new OS that i've never had the pleasure of exploring.

/Salute!

2. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Welcome! I was much the same several years ago - I couldn't understand why Mac users were so staunchly 'pro' Mac. Needles to say, I think many share our story.

The forum here is friendly, opinionated, knowledgeable, and grammatically correct.

Enjoi.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Welcome to the forum, and to the world of Mac. I imagine you'll enjoy the experience of using a Mac - it's generally a form of pleasure rather than an experience of frustration and that helps to create the cheery tone that some describe as smug.

For my part, I'm a switcher - though I was never a rabid anti-Mac person, and now that I'm the happy owner of a stunning MBP, I find that while elements (quite a few) of the Windows world annoy/frustrate me, I don't hate it, and indeed still have to use it in some parts of my work life.

Cheers

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Welcome aboard!

There are great guides created on the site to help you with different aspects of Macs, and the search tool is very powerful as a lot of people have questions that every new user has.

enjoy!

5. Afini thread starter macrumors member

Hehe, yeah, I don't plan on getting rid of my former desktop anytime soon, and honestly I'll probably always have a windows platform around for when I need it. But its time to have a mac as well :p.

And thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

6. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Ha! I feel your pain, but there's hope even for that: I had a Dell laptop and Dell tower, both of which went the way of the Sega. I've got XP installed as a Virtual Machine so I can still do all my testing but don't need to waste space with junk I don't use from week to week... This way, even when I'm using Windows I'm still using Mac if you get my drift. I look cool regardless of the OS at hand.

7. Afini thread starter macrumors member

I've pieced together all my own desktops since I got into computers, thats half the reason I'll always have a windows desktop, I like the hands on approach, but the Macs just look like too much fun for me to pass any longer :p.

I'm a pretty big gamer too, so I'll use windows for some of them too, though Blizzard is one of my favorite companies and they are really mac friendly.

8. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

9. saxman macrumors 6502

Welcome! I kept a Windows computer around for a while too, but used it less and less after a while

10. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

Glad to hear that you made the sensible choice in computing. ;)

Welcome to the club.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Cappn we got another.

But yea I was in the same boat too. Hated Macs for years (mostly for OS8 and 9). Played with OSX on an eMac and a few weeks later had ordered my first Mac (Powerbook!).