Apple haters

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sonmi451, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Sonmi451 Suspended

I was just thinking, there is a lot of talk about Samsung and Apple fanboys. I really only know a couple Apple fanboys. And even then, they're not really fanboys, they just use the Apple ecosystem and like Apple products. Fanboy isn't really the right term since I don't feel they have a blind love of everything Apple.

I do not know any Samsung or Android fanboys, at least anyone who is public about it. BUT... I had a younger gentleman at my work the other day who was bashing Apple and saying Samsung phones are better. I realized this might have been the first Samsung fanboy I'd met. It doesn't really help that I already consider this individual a douchebag. Until this moment where he went on a rant about Apple, I thought Samsung fanboys were only something you read trolling macrumors, or engadget, or the Verge. I'd yet to actually hear one stupor in real life.

While I generally like Apple products, I don't evangelize in real life, and I don't care what anyone else uses. So while I keep my mouth shut, I wonder what are the Samsung fanboys going to think when they see the iPhone 6? It's probably the most beautiful phone that has ever existed. What is wrong with people that they can't admit something is a great design?

I realize Apple fanboys also can be ridiculous, but I don't think they're on the same level as these Samsung/Android fanboys from what I read online. In the end, who cares, it's a phone. If you really have a strong opinion on what someone else likes or uses, people probably refer to you as a douchebag behind your back.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Fanboys are fanboys. Samsung or Apple. They're at the same level. The lowest one. Keeping your mouth shut was the wisest thing you could have done. You can't reason with them. Just smile and nod and ignore.

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

4. SirLance99 macrumors 6502

Haha, just Google #SamsungKnights. You'll be laughing for days.

5. Sonmi451 thread starter Suspended

I think it's okay to be a fanboy but once your voice your displease publicly about what someone else finds optimal in their daily life you become a douchebag. I've honestly never batted an eye toward someone who uses Samsung/Blackberry/Sony etc. If that's what they like, what do I care?