Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkgoob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
:(

Thanks for nothing.

Still the 2009 MP sits.

I turn into a skeleton waiting.

What is happening over at Apple?

They really don’t have cash to ensure users have something to buy? Have to wait years between product updates for computers yet manage to make a new phone that’s almost exactly the same each year?

Have to drop beloved products like Aperture and pull the FCP fiasco while piling up hundreds of billions in cash?

Maybe Alabama losing the title this year will be a wakeup call to timmy bwah.

Now I will return to my coffin and await the JFK files’ release. Oh and the next Mac that can hold four internal HDDs plus a Blu-Ray burner so my files aren’t all unreadable in 50 years or after the next Carrington event (class X+++ solar flare), whichever comes first.

(Is the Steve clone 18 yet...?)

saulinpa

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2008
It's all about priorities. Getting the next iPhone out the door generates tons more cash that a few Mac Pros.

filterdecay

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2017
I don't even know what to say to this.

There will be a new Mac Pro...:cool:

im gonna laugh my ass off when its some super macmini thing. I hope I am wrong but they dont care about pro users.
[doublepost=1554531768][/doublepost]
It's all about priorities. Getting the next iPhone out the door generates tons more cash that a few Mac Pros.

The people who make iphones wouldnt be working on a mac pro anyhow. A company with this market cap is capable of doing a few things at one time. The problem is steve is dead and they dont know what to do.

goslowjoe

Suspended
Dec 22, 2017
And lots of people, who have no intention or the money to purchase a Mac Pro, will moan how expensive it is.

Reactions: Fuchal

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"

Thanks for nothing.

Still the 2009 MP sits.

I turn into a skeleton waiting.

What is happening over at Apple?

They really don’t have cash to ensure users have something to buy? Have to wait years between product updates for computers yet manage to make a new phone that’s almost exactly the same each year?

Have to drop beloved products like Aperture and pull the FCP fiasco while piling up hundreds of billions in cash?

Now I will return to my coffin and await the JFK files’ release. Oh and the next Mac that can hold four internal HDDs plus a Blu-Ray burner so my files aren’t all unreadable in 50 years or after the next Carrington event (class X+++ solar flare), whichever comes first.

(Is the Steve clone 18 yet...?)

Lots of gibberish and attempts at being clever in this post (which fall woefully flat)
But this one puzzled me most...

Tim Cook went to Auburn, so I fail to see how "Alabama losing the title this year" would be any kind of wake up call
Oh well, the rest of the post didn't make any sense, so I don't know why that should either

Reactions: s15119

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
Woah, that's a bunch of literate nonsense. I get it. You're upset because they are not currently making the computer you want. It doesn't mean they hate you. You can do one of three things. Continue to post insane rants that accomplish nothing, wait till apple releases the newest Mac Pro or buy something from another computer maker. I would strongly suggest fresh air, plenty of vitamin B and maybe a dinner date. Good luck. I'm worried about you.

Beachguy

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2011
Florida, USA
Apple is a company. It has no emotions. It can't hate you. It can't love you.

Now, ME? I hate users. They never know what they want and get confused when I explain things to them.

Reactions: JAK2015

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
Well, that is an inflammatory thread title on a pro-Apple site. :)

You will have to wait forever for the Mac you (and I) want.

The Post-PC era has been ushered in at Apple, and the Mac is no longer the center (and is now barely a satellite) of the Apple universe. Apple seems to be all about: "Use iOS, or leave".

That said, the Mac mini with a Razer Core or something like it may be sufficient for my enthusiast-yet-non-pro needs, and "modular" enough.

I highly doubt that the Mac Pro will be anything short of a disappointment.

Can Tim-era Apple surprise and delight us with a Mac we Steve-era users deem worthy? I don't think so, but I hope so.

Reactions: alvindarkness

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I highly doubt that the Mac Pro will be anything short of a disappointment.
I imagine it will use many of the components in the iMac pro. If you like that then I'm sure the Mac pro may be adequate.

I suspect it will be very expensive, not exactly what most people on MacRumors want but people will still purchase

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
I imagine it will use many of the components in the iMac pro. If you like that then I'm sure the Mac pro may be adequate.

I suspect it will be very expensive, not exactly what most people on MacRumors want but people will still purchase

I guess I should have quantified my statement a bit more to say that for those that liked the old Mac Pro, need it's configurability and flexibility, and/or did not like the Tube, it will be a disappointment.

I'm thinking Apple already gave us their version of a headless iMac with the new Mac mini and eGPU support.

I agree people will still purchase whatever Apple puts out, because they'll either have no choice, are hardcore fans, or their needs are met. I honestly don't know how we'd tell which category anyone falls into (not that it matters).

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
Are Apple products expensive? Yes

I agree Apple products are maybe a little too expensive, but I haven't had any problems (knocking on wood as I type this) with my iMacs, iPhone, iPad Pro and Apple Watch 3. I used to have many problems arise when I was a PC Windows person which covered a 30+ years span. It didn't matter if it was a brand new brand name computer or a home built computer that anytime Microsoft decided to do an update to the OS that I would have to troubleshoot a hardware problem of some sort. The problem was usually from an aging PC component that Microsoft didn't care about or didn't support in the first place. I have had only problem with an Apple MacOS update in the last 5 years or so and that was very minor compared to Windows. Windows seems like it is always updating for one reason or another, but usually it has something to do with some kind of major security issue. Though from I have heard lately is Microsoft is getting better in that department, so I might be all wet in that department. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.