Apple have known about iPad delay for weeks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by drpellypo, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drpellypo macrumors 6502

As have many other people but there's been an embargo on it. It was only lifted this afternoon. The 'late April' was I suspect, merely there to keep the suspense and interest there. Apple, and suppliers, have known for weeks that the iPad wasn't coming in April as a decision has been made to launch the 3g version, and the wifi version on the same date.

2. EZ-PZ macrumors member

EZ-PZ

3. gillybean macrumors 6502a

I imagine if it wasn't selling well in the US there would have been plenty of stock to send international.

4. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

I would agree that they've known for at least a couple weeks that they weren't going to launch in the rest of the world in late April.

They knew exactly how the manufacturing was going, and they knew how many units they'd have by certain dates. So it is frustrating when they announce something like this only a week or two before the date they had previously stated.

5. drpellypo thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not speculation, but I can't prove it ;)

6. Nash Bridges macrumors regular

Nash Bridges

Where is your source for the embargo? And which countries were not allowing the iPad to be shipped to them?

7. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

I will just keep using my WiFi version till my 3G arrives.:eek:

8. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

Even assuming this is true - which is somewhat dubious - who cares? It doesn't change the fact that you can't buy one outside the US for a month or more yet, and even inside the US can't get one in many places.

9. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

10. ashVID macrumors regular

What does Apple gain by delaying it? Or giving a false ship date? They know it does more harm than good. Maybe they are addressing QC issues, maybe they are doing something to the firmware or maybe they are telling the truth. No conspiracy here. Missing target dates hurts you, they know this.

ash =o)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.