Apple Having a Change of Heart (Apps)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MotionxxUSxx, Oct 21, 2008.

1. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

This says it all

http://www.mfluent.com/mboxmail.php

This was just released. There is no way apple would have allowed this complete hotmail email app a month ago. They must be having a change of heart. I've also noticed in the last few days, there are a ton of new apps being released.

I also posted this in the app store forum but I figured this was good news for all to see.

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Hmmm....I wonder what this means for the application (Mailsmith, was it?) that was denied a month or so ago. I'd love to have an application that better fit in with Gmail.

3. Oman macrumors regular

For 9.99 they can keep that app. MS need to release one for free.I just dont see why anyone would buy this app.

4. tongteh macrumors 6502

A$12.99 is simply way too high for this application.. i will stick with "forward to gmail solution".

5. DigMe macrumors 6502

Why post the same thread in both the app store forum and the iphone forum?

6. MotionxxUSxx thread starter macrumors 6502

Why do you care? Glad you wasted your time responding.

Not everyone visits both forums and I thought it was important enought to post in both places.

7. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Not sure why DigMe cares. I can tell you why I care: It's hard enough to sift through all the "noise" on forums to get real "information" (defined as something you didn't already know). Posting the same thing twice makes it a little harder.

8. aluren macrumors 65816

you should post this on every Apple forum also.

9. DigMe macrumors 6502

It's also against the rules in every single messageboard I've ever taken part in. Like spamdumpster said, it's hard enough to keep the signal-to-noise ratio at an acceptable level.

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Please do not cross-post duplicate threads. I have deleted your other thread.

11. clp215 macrumors newbie

Doesn't this app violate licensing rules?

I saw this app recently too. It appears they reverse engineering the Livemail protocol without permission. Wonder how it got through?

MS should release a free one and be done with it IMO.

12. milani macrumors 68000

milani

+1, so will I. Although most people don't have that option, due to Hotmail policy inconsistencies.