Apple HDMI cable with small connectors

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by davidoloan, Nov 10, 2017.

1. davidoloan Suspended

Have Apple stopped making their HDMI cables?

Are there any replacements with small connectors like the apple ones?

Belkin have a 2m one in the apple store. I need 4m.

I've tried Amazon basics but the connector is too big for the tight spot I need it.

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

3. davidoloan, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

davidoloan thread starter Suspended

I think that would work, thank you.

I'm in the UK so we can only order Monoprice through the Amazon store, no international shipping.

In the UK Amazon store the product with the same name has ends which are too big, and the listing suggests the data rate is slower so it may be the old model.

If I could buy the one you found with international shipping it would probably work.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    I found it on Amazon USA, they will ship it but charge for tax deposit now, and I guess the postman will try to collect more tax and then I have to seek a refund from Amazon or something. If I can find anything locally I will still buy it, otherwise I will order the one you found from Amazon USA. Thanks
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    With further reading, it seems Amazon do pay the tax to the UK collectors through some system nowadays.

4. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

5. davidoloan thread starter Suspended

Thats a clever idea; it didn't occur to me. I would need the opposite angle but if the cable is thickish it will crash into either the power or ethernet cable in the Apple TV4k.

However, I'll look into it, maybe one with a small connector, right angled plus a thin flexible cable.

I'll search - thanks for that idea.

6. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Yes, that's always an interesting idea. What do you do if the right-angle is completely backwards for what you want? Not sure if you can get options for left- instead of right-facing, etc. I have seen a USB plug that would swivel, but I don't know how reliable that would be if you moved it around, connected to different devices, etc.

7. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

OP wrote:
    "Thats a clever idea; it didn't occur to me. I would need the opposite angle but if the cable is thickish it will crash into either the power or ethernet cable in the Apple TV4k."

If you look carefully at all the options on the page with the rightward facing cable, there are options for leftward-facing, upward-facing, and different lengths...