Apple Headphones with Remote and Mic - Works on Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Auburnvans, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Auburnvans macrumors newbie

I don't have an iPod. Yet. Often when I'm biking and have to carry my computer, I simply put it in my backpack and connect my headphones to the computer through the gap between the zippers. This allows me to listen to music, which is nice... right? Anyways, the problem is, or perhaps it's not a problem but entirely normal, that I can't control iTunes with the remote on the headphones.

I'm currently running Mac OS X Tiger, 10.4.11. It's a black Macbook, bought around 2006 - 2007.

My question is, is there anyway to make the remote on the headphones work with iTunes? Do I need a plugin of some sort? Skipping/pausing songs, changing volume, all that jazz. It's not a necessity, but it would definitely be preferred.

Thanks for the time,
    -Auburn

2. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

Yes it works atleast in leopard it does I am not sure about older OS's

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Not true SpeedFlex.

Theoretically it could work with Tiger, Leopard, or Snow Leopard. It has to do with the number of indentions inside the headphone jack on the laptop.

Basically, it will not work with your laptop. Not volume, not pause/play, not song skip, nothing.

It worked with my old UMBP 13" though. But not with my Feb '08 MBAir.

4. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

Oh okay so the only ones that work with it then arethe uMB and new Macbook air (2008)?

5. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

Yup. Unfortunately.