Apple Headphones

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whatlifeforme, Sep 2, 2011.

1. whatlifeforme macrumors member

I purchased a pair of apple headphones with included mic, and the headphones work as I have tried them on another computer. However, they do not work on my macbook pro.

The audio out works on the laptop as I have tested other speakers with the computer. Does anyone know what this issue could be?

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

13 inch single dual mode jack or 15"/17" with separate in/out?

Although it really shouldn't matter.

3. whatlifeforme thread starter macrumors member

15" with in and out.

could this be something to do with digital / analog, as the other audio out i tested was with speakers with amp?

4. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

they've always worked for me... although i've never messed with the settings for the headphone jack.

5. RayK macrumors 6502

I've never had a problem either. What year model is it? I've heard some of the older mbp have a problem with the headphones with the mic.

6. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

actually, go into settings and make sure that it's set to use the in-line mic. System Preferences>Sound>Input. When it's plugged in, you can tap the in-line mic to make sure that's the one it's using.

7. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Foolproof way to tell if it's the settings or your computer going bad: Quit iTunes and press the middle button on the remote to see if iTunes opens up again.
    Also, make sure it's ALL THE WAY IN. I find my audio out jack to be really stiff, so make sure you hear a definite click.

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Mine's the same way, it takes a good strong push to click the jack in fully.

9. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

gotta agree with those two. it's a tight little bugger