Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0603adobecreativesuite3.html

could be juicy!!!!
Obviously Apple sees the HUGE benifit to a UB version of CS sooner then later.

Here is the article from thinksecret for the lazy;

Thinksecret said:
Adobe Creative Suite 3: Ready this year?

By Ryan Katz, Senior Editor
March 8, 2006 - Adobe is working hard to release Creative Suite 3 before the end of year, sources have recently disclosed. While internal documents originally pointed to a release date in the first-half of 2007, Adobe is making a big push—and receiving significant help from Apple—to get the software package into customer hands this year. For Mac users, Creative Suite 3's most notable feature will surely be native support for Apple's new Intel-based systems.

The new Creative Suite, code-named Banana Split, will pack new versions of Adobe's flagship applications and will require Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, although sources have suggest Adobe may also be taking advantage of features built-in to the yet unannounced Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

Sources have also lent additional confirmation to Think Secret's August 2005 report on Photoshop CS3, code-named Red Pill. Specifically, Adobe is still leaning towards releasing two versions of the software, with the Premium edition packing additional functionality geared towards the video and science markets. Both versions will offer Live Filters, providing non-destructive editing, as well as speed enhancements that will take advantage of video card (GPU) acceleration, Camera RAW 4, and Rotating Canvas. Video I/O and rotoscoping tools will remain exclusive to the Premium versions. The new version of Photoshop is also said to feature an InDesign-like interface with similar palettes and an all-new scriptable graphics and programming engine.

Illustrator CS3, code-named Jason (a play on the Friday the 13th movie franchise, as Illustrator CS3 will mark the thirteenth version of the software), will mark a return to Illustrator 8-like performance levels, or so Adobe is hoping. The software will feature video setups like Photoshop currently dose, as well as an eraser that mimics the behavior of the equivalent Photoshop tool. A new Live Color palette will function as a color picker on steroids, automatically selecting complement colors and creating an appropriate palette when a user selects just a single color. Sources also report Adobe is spending a significant amount of effort enhancing the software's integration and compatibility with Flash, which Adobe gained control of after its purchase of Macromedia.

Details surrounding Adobe Acrobat 8, code-named Atlas, and InDesign CS3, code-named Cobalt, are more sparse at this time.

While a 2006 release for Creative Suite 3 is by no means a guarantee, and likely wouldn't arrive until the mid-to-late fourth quarter, it would jive with Adobe's intentions of revamping it major applicatons every 12-18 months, which Think Secret reported in 2004. Creative Suite 2, code-named Cookie Dough, was released in April 2005.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
cgratti said:
I can wait... CS2 does everything I need....

But Apple needs CS3. They REALLY need CS3. Just about everyone who wants to buy a new high-end Mac is waiting for the applations. I'm one of them I want a new mac but I'm sure as H___ NOT buying a machine that can't run the software I want to run. So I wait...... I figure I'll have to wait another year.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
If true, this would be very good for Apple. I almost get the sense that Adobe is punishing Apple for not giving them the lead time they would have preferred on implementing the Intel switch, but they seem pretty locked into their usual release cycle, regardless of market needs. Lets hope this is true.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
cgratti said:
No hurry, It's getting quite sickening with all these new releases of software that don't really need to be released.

I can wait... CS2 does everything I need....
Im gonna just assume cgratti didnt fully read the article or has no intention to buy a new MBP.

All is forgiven;)

LunchBox8484

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2006
I installed Photoshop on my MacBook Pro and it still runs pretty much the same as on a PowerBook. I would love to have Universal version though cuz then it would be much faster.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
I wonder if Apple will "hurry up" Microsoft too.
By long hours of observing iGarys sig, I have determined that he is anticipating the UB versions of Adobes products.

Don't feel bad. You have to have a sharp eye to notice these things. ;)

Now, Im going to make myself a banana split!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.