Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared new Apple Watch ads on its YouTube channel, highlighting the water resistance, ECG, and sleep tracking capabilities of the Apple Watch Series 6.

The short 38 second ads each focus on a specific Apple Watch feature, with a narrator explaining how the Apple Watch works under water, when taking an ECG, and when being used for sleep tracking.

All of the ads feature the tagline "The future of health is on your wrist" and link to the Apple Watch Series 6 website.

Apple has not heavily advertised the Apple Watch Series 6 since its September release, and this is the first ad campaign focused on the Apple Watch that we've seen in recent months.

Article Link: Apple Highlights Apple Watch Series 6 Features in 'The Future of Health is on Your Wrist' Ads

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I’m an owner and big proponent of Apple Watch, but their emphasis on health is overdone IMO. AW is good at lots of other things, which I wish Apple would both focus on in development and advertise more.

Reactions: Romeo_Nightfall

Apple_Robert

macrumors Penryn
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I’m an owner and big proponent of Apple Watch, but their emphasis on health is overdone IMO. AW is good at lots of other things, which I wish Apple would both focus on in development and advertise more.
That is a good point. They could have made another ad to briefly highlight the notification abilities and keeping up with your day on your watch.

Sandstorm

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2011
Riga, Latvia
The sleep ad was great. Except one tiny detail - seriously, how can anyone sleep with a watch? I've tried - it is so incredibly annoying and cumbersome. 🤷‍♂️

I'd love to use a soft, elastic, breathable and screen-less smart-band for sleep monitoring / silent wake up though.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2018
The sleep ad was great. Except one tiny detail - seriously, how can anyone sleep with a watch? I've tried - it is so incredibly annoying and cumbersome. 🤷‍♂️

I'd love to use a soft, elastic, breathable and screen-less smart-band for sleep monitoring / silent wake up though.
I sleep with mine on every night. You get used to it, at least Ii did.

Captain Trips

macrumors demi-god
Jun 13, 2020
I actually really like them! I think they are quite effective.
Same here, I liked the mood / vibe of these 2 videos.

Be nice o see more Apple Watch videos, and as others have mentioned there are plenty of other good things about the AW to mention.

tzm41

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2014
Boston
And yet my series 6 tells me I’m at 8000 ft when I’m actually at 100 ft. Talk about technology.

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
But Tim’s money is in health - he doesn’t care about use-cases - only greed!
I'd ask "Source?" but I have no clue what your unsubstantiated post is really getting at anyway.

Cook has stated that he thinks health will be Apple's "greatest contribution to mankind." That they can make money on it is neither here nor there.

People can agree to disagree on what the focus of the Watch should or shouldn't be, but having my S6 for a few months now, I'm inclined to agree with Cook. The Watch does a lot of cool non-health-related stuff, and I am regularly amazed by new features as I find them... maybe they should advertise that "other" stuff more. But IMHO the "killer app" is still the health monitoring and trending over time. That will only continue to get better as sensors are added and software is improved etc.

Reactions: Robert.Walter

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
Uhhhhhhh this ad isn’t new.
It’s been running since January. Apple just FINALLY made the ad public on YouTube today.

hybrid_x

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Teh Interwebz
I'm currently torn between the Apple Watch SE vs. Fitbit Versa 3, or Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Fitbit Sense.

I currently wear a Fitbit, and really like the activity tracking, but would like more robust notifications and functionality, and something waterproof for when public pools are open again.

I really like the functionality of the Fitbit, but lacking the ability to reply to messages and notifications is a big minus. However, 18 hours of battery life on the Apple Watch vs. 6 days on the Fitbit makes it a really hard sell, especially for the premium price.

mi7chy

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2014
Sleep tracking ad isn't realistic since there's a hit on battery and if you've been wearing it during the day it may not even have sufficient charge to last through the night. Plus, you can't do the recommended nightly charging while it's on your wrist and there's the debate that sleep tracking is still half baked.

egrimo

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2020
Istanbul
Sleep tracking ad isn't realistic since there's a hit on battery and if you've been wearing it during the day it may not even have sufficient charge to last through the night. Plus, you can't do the recommended nightly charging while it's on your wrist and there's the debate that sleep tracking is still half baked.
Wearing it 22 hours straight? As an S5 owner, I charge the watch between 11PM-1 AM, sleep at 1-2 AM and never got off until next day 11 PM.

Sleep analysis is simple, not detailed, not half baked, it's meant to be simple. I've been using sleep tracking since 2 years with 3rd party apps and Apple's one is a nice free app choice.

TheFluffyDuck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2012
The Sleep App on the apple watch is absolutly garbage. It cant do things that the jawbone UP did nearly 10 year ago. It just tells me how long I have slept, not the quality, or how many times I was in REM, or anything interesting. It litteraly has nothing over checking the time I crawl into bed, and checking the time I crawl out of it in the morning. Hardly a revolutionary feature. Certainly not interesting enough to beat putting it on charge at night, rather than juggling charing at random times during the day.

Romeo_Nightfall

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2018
Vienna
I'd ask "Source?" but I have no clue what your unsubstantiated post is really getting at anyway.

Cook has stated that he thinks health will be Apple's "greatest contribution to mankind." That they can make money on it is neither here nor there.

People can agree to disagree on what the focus of the Watch should or shouldn't be, but having my S6 for a few months now, I'm inclined to agree with Cook. The Watch does a lot of cool non-health-related stuff, and I am regularly amazed by new features as I find them... maybe they should advertise that "other" stuff more. But IMHO the "killer app" is still the health monitoring and trending over time. That will only continue to get better as sensors are added and software is improved etc.

Your post Lacks an real argument. You are new to a gimmick and love to explore it - nothing wrong with that.

“healt monitoring trends over time“ - lets talk in a year when you early erecting state is lowered and your watch is just a nice phone companion for alarms - and even that isn’t working properly.

why the heck is this thing not muting the watch when i am in a meeting and unmuting when leavin the meeting room?

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
Your post Lacks an real argument. You are new to a gimmick and love to explore it - nothing wrong with that.

“healt monitoring trends over time“ - lets talk in a year when you early erecting state is lowered and your watch is just a nice phone companion for alarms - and even that isn’t working properly.

why the heck is this thing not muting the watch when i am in a meeting and unmuting when leavin the meeting room?
Hmmmm. The person who thinks they know what Tim Cook cares about says my post lacks an argument. You got me there.

And how’d you know about my “early erecting state?” That’s rather personal.

• Haha
Reactions: Captain Trips
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.