Apple Highlights Apps Offering Siri Shortcuts Integration

Wide opeN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Who here is actually using shortcuts (not just playing around with the feature) and what are you doing with it?

So far I’m totally underwhelmed. I haven’t found any real use for shortcuts, but I’m curious to hear how others are using it.

I'm using it, and it's pretty awesome.

Ex. When I'm heading home from work I tell Siri "Go Home" it then launches Waze with directions home, and starts up whatever playlist I selected.

I have another for my daughters where I have Siri send them a text message that's worded for them to have a good day at school.

Agreed, it's not the most user friendly app... BUT to be able to have Siri do "exactly" what I want by speaking just a few words is priceless.

YMMV

Reactions: robbyx

StyxMaker

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
After ordering a food delivery with GrubHub their app asked if I would like to set up a Siri Shortcut to reorder that meal in the future.

Suspended
Jul 20, 2011
I tried, I tried hard but I can't get it to work the way I want it to. There are way too many limitations (or it is too complicated).
I cannot start every single app with shortcuts, although I can start it with Siri.
I cannot open a file from iCloud Drive and open it in pages.
The Siri shortcut suggestions are simply laughable.
I don't understand the hype over it. Sorry, I guess I'm too stupid for Apple devices now. :) They used to "Just work". :)

spotlight07

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2007
I wish I could use any phrase I wanted. In practice it’s rather limiting to actually have to say the app name.

ipponrg

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2008
I tried, I tried hard but I can't get it to work the way I want it to. There are way too many limitations (or it is too complicated).
I cannot start every single app with shortcuts, although I can start it with Siri.
I cannot open a file from iCloud Drive and open it in pages.
The Siri shortcut suggestions are simply laughable.
I don't understand the hype over it. Sorry, I guess I'm too stupid for Apple devices now. :) They used to "Just work". :)
Just get Alfred, set up your workflow, and call it a day. You'd type faster than trying to speak to Siri.

HylianKnight

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2017
I noticed this but with an AI I don't want to add every single shortcut manually. Why isn't it automatic?!
For the same reason that Siri generally lags behind in capabilities when compared to competing AIs, Apple’s commitment to protecting user data and privacy. They don’t, nor do they allow third parties to vaccumm all of your information. If they did, Siri would likely be scary smart. I for one am an Apple fan because they have much better privacy policies than the alternatives.