Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
I can't see Apple coming out with anything this year besides 2 new iPhones, 2 new iPads and updated Macs...

Which isn't bad, but Tim keeps hyping up 2014...

I have the same idea. Maybe Apple bought a few Android wear watches and got freaked out. Why release a product that might not equal or surpass Android. Back to the drawing board and another 50 to 100 fake iWatch leaks on macrumors.com till 2015!!!

Koziakauzu

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Oh look, another hiring of competitor's brain to develop a competing product. How exciting.

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
Ok, its old news. We know of the iwatch of some kind is happening, and we know Nike fired all its fuelband workers, so this is a yawn for me.

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
If we are in fact due to see the release of MULTIPLE iWatch design this fall, it is a wonder of wonders that we have seen NO part leaks of any kind yet. Amazing!

nando87

Cancelled
Jun 25, 2014
Apple will release the iwatch this year, there is not the slightest doubt about that, otherwise shareholders will boil Cook. They can hire additional employees for working on next generations obviously.

Jakexb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2014
Oh look, another hiring of competitor's brain to develop a competing product. How exciting.

I'm not sure what you expect. Only hire engineers right out of college who have never worked on a wearable before? It's good to have fresh thinkers AND people who have been around the block a few times.

joneill55

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
All I read in this tittle is: Apple Is Nowhere Near Releasing iWatch.

But there are exciting products coming from Apple......in the near future......someday....maybe!

----------

If we are in fact due to see the release of MULTIPLE iWatch design this fall, it is a wonder of wonders that we have seen NO part leaks of any kind yet. Amazing!

Guess that "doubling down" on security may be working :)

MyDataMyProbs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2014
iWatch rumors

Im beginning to have very little faith that this watch is debuting in the fall at this point. too many articles about teams and recruits being established. Unless they're hiring on a full blown team to make a tweak or two i just don't see it.

BigHonkingDeal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2009
Fort Pierce
I have the same idea. Maybe Apple bought a few Android wear watches and got freaked out. Why release a product that might not equal or surpass Android. Back to the drawing board and another 50 to 100 fake iWatch leaks on macrumors.com till 2015!!!

That's probably highly unlikely.... However, if Apple spent he last few years on an iWatch project and have to retool because of an Android watch (Like Samsung did for their Tablet when the iPad was released) that would be Tim Cooks nightmare.

He has been stringing people along for over two years promising new product categories to come......

I believe that in true Apple fashion we will be pleasantly surprised come fall.

rajat8676

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2013
If Apple is still hiring of iwatch, then when are they going to release it? Why no part leaks until now?

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
Kinda doubtful we will see this product this year with all the recent goings on and the complete failure of all wearables to date. No leaks of any kind

If Apple does not release the wearable this year, every consumer will be totally cool with that. No one is holding their breath for one. No one but the bored bloggers and Wall St. "analysts" NEED to have it released ASAP.
Apple needs to take their time and get it right. With all of the recent hires it seems they still have things to do.

Detailed and methodical, release it when it's ready.

fortysomegeek

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
I don't know the specifics of the Nike hire but the Tag Heuer hire has no material impact on the design and development of an alleged iWatch if it has been in the burner. The Tag hire's expertise is in retail and channel distribution. I assume they want to get him to negotiate deals for airport kiosks, counter space at Bloomingdales in NY, Harrods in England, and other high end dept stores in Dubai, Pusan, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. To me, that is what I think he will do.

As for the Nike hire, they may be brought on board to help with integration with existing fitness products. Thus, I believe if an iWatch is launched in Fall. It is possible it was already underway long before the current hires.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
The hires do sound late, but there are a lot of possibilities. One could be that they've been working for Apple for awhile now and no one knew until now. Two is that they're picking up talent where they can, but not necessarily JUST for the version 1 iWatch. It's not as if they're never going to hire another person for the iWatch team even after version 1 launches. Once version 1 hardware goes to production, they're going to start working on version 2.

That's not really how it works for larger companies with a lot of resources. They work on everything and lock down the features for the first one but they never stop working on future versions.

If Apple only started working on the iPhone 6 when the 5s was in production, they would only have less than ONE year to get contracts and develop everything for the iPhone 6.

----------

Im beginning to have very little faith that this watch is debuting in the fall at this point. too many articles about teams and recruits being established. Unless they're hiring on a full blown team to make a tweak or two i just don't see it.

Is it possible that because of all these rumors, people are leaving their job and Apple is accepting them because they have talent?

It's not like the team was just a few people at the start... the same people that worked on the iPhones and MacBooks likely worked on the iWatch and are slowly being replaced with newer talent.

Tanegashima

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Portugal
All I read in this tittle is: Apple Is Nowhere Near Releasing iWatch.

Maybe they are already working on the iWatch 2G ;)

It's cool that the iWatch seems to be very health related and the stuff... all those extra kg's I'm always postponing to lose are really paying off!

sound

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2003
What if ....

what if this is a big hoax to guide all the competitors in a wrong direction??? :D

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Why does everyone think that because Apple is poaching high profile people that could participate in an iWatch that that's what Apple really has in mind??
Apples been poaching high profile people For many years

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
I can't see Apple coming out with anything this year besides 2 new iPhones, 2 new iPads and updated Macs...

There was that guy who said how 2014 has the most exciting product map he'd ever seen, so we should see more than just a few updates. Unless he was just another cog in the Apple PR machine. Which is incredibly likely.

biggrim

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
People keep on asking, "why no iWatch part leaks?". I have a theory, please bear with me.

This would potentially be the biggest product launch since the original iPhone in terms of expectations etc. Did we see any part leaks regarding that? I appreciate times are different now (people want leaks) but could it be down to where the iWatch is potentially being built?

I think that the plant where Apple builds the MacPro could also be secretly building the iWatch. Maybe it's easier keeping control over what comes into and more importantly, what goes out of that facility.

Just a thought (and a far-fetched one at that).

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011

These new hires most likely have been working with Apple for the past 6 months. Nike and Apple working close together is no seceret.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Bob Mansfield has been working on "special projects" now for close to two years. It's been rumored he's involved with "iWatch".

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
People keep on asking, "why no iWatch part leaks?". I have a theory, please bear with me.

This would potentially be the biggest product launch since the original iPhone in terms of expectations etc. Did we see any part leaks regarding that? I appreciate times are different now (people want leaks) but could it be down to where the iWatch is potentially being built?

I think that the plant where Apple builds the MacPro could also be secretly building the iWatch. Maybe it's easier keeping control over what comes into and more importantly, what goes out of that facility.

Just a thought (and a far-fetched one at that).

No, it's not far-fetched and you are on the right track. Unlike the iPhone or iPad, the "iWatch", as an all-new product for Apple, needs to have maximum secrecy in order to have maximum impact at its introduction. There is no way Apple can guarantee that unless it actively controls every inch of the manufacturing process, something not true with the iPhone or iPad.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
The hires do sound late, but there are a lot of possibilities. One could be that they've been working for Apple for awhile now and no one knew until now. Two is that they're picking up talent where they can, but not necessarily JUST for the version 1 iWatch. It's not as if they're never going to hire another person for the iWatch team even after version 1 launches. Once version 1 hardware goes to production, they're going to start working on version 2.

Veryyy true .

There was that guy who said how 2014 has the most exciting product map he'd ever seen, so we should see more than just a few updates. Unless he was just another cog in the Apple PR machine. Which is incredibly likely.

LOL that would suck =\

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.