Apple hit back with FCPX v Avid v Adobe Premiere videos

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bluap84, Jul 22, 2011.

1. tarproductions macrumors member

tarproductions

Just saw this. The videos are good for Apple (obviously) and I even learned a few things about FCP X. Gives me the feeling that their in it for the long haul and are waiting for the industry to catch up to their thinking. Wonder why Apple did push the release of these videos more?

http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/

2. bigcreek macrumors member

As much as Avid and Adobe are pushing their products as alternatives, Apple should be promoting this much heavier. Very informative.

3. cgbier macrumors 6502a

There's an interview with Michael Wohl right after the introduction of FCP7 in which he unknowingly describes FCP X to the dot.
    http://vimeo.com/8665513
    He also thinks that the principles of FCP X are the way things would (should) work in the future.

In the first part of the video Wohl says that Jobs never saw FCP as a tool for "professionals", but rather as iMovie - video editing for the masses. Jobs wanted to give it away for free with the purchase of a Mac tower.

4. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

IMO, FCP X will be a great professional video editing application, but Apple screwed up so much around it. Here's how it should have been released:

• FCP X released as a "vision of the future" and an acknowledgement that it is V1
    • videos like these ones are released
    • a roadshow. hell, it should probably have been released at NAB
    • FCP 7 continues to be available for a year or so, so current high end professionals aren't p155ed off
    • FCP X continues to have features added to bring it on a par (even via 3rd party add ons) with FCP 7

Gradually new editors moving up in the field start off with FCP X (because it can handle the file based systems much more easily) and begin to infiltrate high end post production houses.

It's not as dramatic as Apple usually likes to play things, but I think it would have been much better than what actually happened.