Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Ehh, it's the same cycle every time. We all get excited for WWDC, it comes around, we watch it, everyone's disappointed as 'didn't feel better than last year' then slowly as products and update details come out we get excited again and so on and so forth. Rinse. Repeat. Every. Year.

Part of that is that people buy into every single rumor and believe it to be fact. It seems many don't understand what the word "rumor" means. They get upset at Apple when they don't announce a rumored product, as if Apple actually promised them they would release anything rumored.

If you don't fall for the fallacy of rumors, you won't be let down and will be much happier with the things announced.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If everyone on the team closes their rings each day, teams will be eligible for bonus points. All individuals who earn 200 points or more during the challenge will earn a reward on Friday, June 8, which will be given out at the McEnery Convention Center.

Article Link: Apple Hosting 'Close Your Rings' Apple Watch Activity Challenge for Developers at WWDC

For WWDC 2019 would be nice to see a lot of the Apple Executive and recognizable team members partipate in a friendly "team" competition to all WWDC attendees ... to promote physical health and research for everyone!

Imagine a tug of war with your coding colleagues of your company against Craig and his team ... 10 vs 10. Yeah I'd love that but I'm not a coder.

Maybe a treadmill challenge,
Rowing challenge,
strength challenge,
running challenge around Apple Park? I mean .... lots of CO2 for those beautifully transplanted trees ;)

Maybe it's time Apple considers ... like they used to have iTunes festival ... a health festival. Invite top fitness guru's (who've proven non-cheating athletes or steriod use), fitness equipment (from BowFlex, LifeFitness, Hammer Strength or partners they already have for Watch to sync data with). Start in the USA ... expand to Canada and S.America and UK, France, etc.

This would be great to prove ethical and real world use of renewable/sustainable energy to power the event and device charge stations, promoting health and health research and an overhaul healthy environment for people to have fun with their health goals. Apple could show off their endeavors without really leaking devices and the like.

Bah maybe I'm crazy and over thinking but it would be grand.

xalea

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2017
Are we finally going to get rest days and other obvious health-related improvements to these dumb ring things?

Reactions: Pupi

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think the rings is another clear example and focus of where Apple is showing that they want to emphasize fitness capabilities with the Apple Watch moving forward as more health device them from when it first started as a fashion device with the first generation Apple Watch.

Pupi

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
Very easy to cheat the rings, which of course is pointless when you’re doing it for health/workout. But it’s another thing when there’s a reward at stake :D

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I find it interesting that Apple is using a third party app to do this. Making people sign up for a Lose It! account? Did Apple buy them out at some point that I missed?

Glee217

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
Yep with all that sitting and none movements other than typing its very important to close them rings you devs. lol

shakirezwana

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2018
XeroxHost LLC Web Hosting Plan Starter
Single websites
Unlimited Storage
Unlimited Bandwidth
Free SSL Certificate
Free Site.pro site builder apps / 5 Minutes Landing Page Creator
Free R1Soft auto backup system
Free Include super fast Litespeed Web server
Free Include HTTP/2.0 SPDY Protocol
Free includes 4 specific countries IP
Original Price: $2.99
69.5% Recurring Discount Price: $0.99
Use Promo code: wv88
www.xeroxhost.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.