Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deanbo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2003
A few people seem to think that this is the next logical step for the iPod. I could do with a new cell phone, so I'm hoping it's soon if at all.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
deanbo said:
A few people seem to think that this is the next logical step for the iPod. I could do with a new cell phone, so I'm hoping it's soon if at all.

Well we all know that apple has been working on integrating iTunes with Motorola, but the problems seem like that the cellular providers are stingy and dont want apple making the money, off there services.. I truly doubt that i would buy the music if i was on the run, especially not if it is a bit more expensive than on iTMS.
maybe if apple made a whole cellular service..this would be really huge and revolutionary indeed. But the profits must outweigh the costs..and something so huge scale, i actually doubt it..
Time will tell

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Apple isn't going to make their own phone. I don't see why people would want that. There's only so many ways you can dress up a number pad and screen. Trust me, Nokia has tried to fancy it up, and they all end up fugly. :p

What Apple can contribute to is the usability of the phone, maybe with an OS of some sort, but if Apple's strength is usability and integration amongst its own software, then I don't see much they can improve on in this area either. I can see a few things here and there on my Sony-Ericcson K700i that could use some improvement, or better integration amongst the file folders, themes, music player, and camera, but nothing major.

So the best thing they can do for themselves might be to not waste the money for now and make software that can be downloaded onto all new phones (Java!), like an iTunes Mobile, and even an iPhoto mobile if needs be, just with basic organizational features and such. And syncing with Macs would be a cinch, of course. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.