Apple id and clean my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by alexandre16, Dec 3, 2011.

1. alexandre16 macrumors member

Hi everyone, i have a old id apple that i used to buy some apps on the itunes, and now i create a new apple id, but i cant actualize the apps that i bought with the old apple id, i really need to use my new apple id, what i can do?

second problem, i want to remove the rest of files that stay on the computer when we remove a program or other thing, want some like ccleaner but for mac, i know some program but always are paid, anyone know a good free program to clean my mac?
    Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You really don't need "cleaner" or "maintenance" apps to keep your Mac running well, and some of these apps can do more harm than good. Most only remove files/folders or unused languages or architectures, which does nothing more than free up some drive space. It will not make your Mac run faster or more efficiently, since having stuff stored on a drive does not impact performance, unless you're running out of drive space.

One app that I would not recommend, based on the number of complaints that have been posted in this forum and elsewhere, is CleanMyMac. As an example: CleanMyMac cleaned too much.

Mac OS X does a good job of taking care of itself, without the need for 3rd party software.

In most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

3. alexandre16 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much for the answer, about the second problem because of id apple anyone can help?

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Just another vote for GGJstudios suggestion to use Best way to FULLY DELETE a program. I use AppCleaner, which is pretty good. But even when I use it, I do the Fully Delete thing and always find one or two files AppCleaner left behind. I had CleanMyMac and deleted it because it was too aggressive.

5. alexandre16 thread starter macrumors member

about my apple id problem, anyone know what i ican do?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Unless something has changed since I last checked, you can't combine Apple IDs, so the purchase history is transferred from the original ID.