Apple ID and security problems.

hack3rcon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2014
Hello.
If someone had my Apple ID password then can he/she access to my sensitive iPhone data? For example, Read my SMS, See my contacts and etc.

Thank you.

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
Not SMS but contact is a yes. Also some photos, some calendar events, some device lists. If you use iWorks suite, then your documents, presentation, spreadsheet. Quite a lot.

hack3rcon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2014
Not SMS but contact is a yes. Also some photos, some calendar events, some device lists. If you use iWorks suite, then your documents, presentation, spreadsheet. Quite a lot.
If he/she set my Apple ID on his/her phone then how can I understand it?

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
If he/she set my Apple ID on his/her phone then how can I understand it?
It depends on how it it setup.
If he/she uses your Apple ID in iTunes Store and App Store, he/she will only be able to see your app purchases and media purchases, and view them. Nothing more than that.
If he/she uses your Apple ID to setup iCloud, then he/she will be able to see almost anything under your Apple ID, such as SMS, contact list, and everything I have mentioned in previous reply.

hack3rcon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2014
It depends on how it it setup.
If he/she uses your Apple ID in iTunes Store and App Store, he/she will only be able to see your app purchases and media purchases, and view them. Nothing more than that.
If he/she uses your Apple ID to setup iCloud, then he/she will be able to see almost anything under your Apple ID, such as SMS, contact list, and everything I have mentioned in previous reply.
My iPhone never show me any warning?

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
My iPhone never show me any warning?
Yup. When you only have password as the way to access your account, your phone won't receive any warning. You will get an email from Apple saying "your Apple ID is being used in a new device" though.