Apple ID & Appstore problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Sister Owl, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Sister Owl macrumors member

Weird things are happening. In settings, I cannot login into my Apple ID. I enter email, password, tap sign in… and nothing happens. Also, I constantly get 'Cannot connect to iTunes store' message. Sometimes, when I do manage to login in Settings, I open Appstore, it says it cannot connect, and when I open Settings — I'm not logged in somehow.

I tried to reboot, but it doesn't help.

What the hell is going on and how to solve this? Thanks!

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Settings ---> General ---> Date and Time

If set automatically is off, turn it on (also make sure location services are turned on through privacy). Turn on airplane mode. Wait 3 seconds and turn it back off. After it re establishes connection, perform a hard reboot by holding home and power for 10 seconds.

If set automatically is turned on, turn it off and set the date/time forward of the actual date and time. Then turn set automatically back on and perform airplane mode and reboot steps.

This has worked every time I've gotten one of those annoying messages.

3. Sister Owl thread starter macrumors member

Thank you it didn't help:(

I don't know what to do anymore. It's fine on my iPad and PC, but on iPhone I simply cannot login. I don't get any error message. When I try to install an app, I get an infinite loop of logins:( Tried resetting all settings — nada. Wrote to Apple but got no response. Somebody please help! :(

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Try a hard reset. On the phone, hold the home and power button until the phone restarts. (the screen will go black, then the apple logo will appear, that's when you can let go)

Then try it again.

5. Sister Owl thread starter macrumors member

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Have you done a full restore in iTunes?

7. Sister Owl thread starter macrumors member

You mean reinstall iOS? No, I didn't. Well, I suppose I try. Although I don't understand this, everything was fine. I hope I won't have to reinstall iOS7 on regular basis? Kinda defeats the purpose of buying an iPhone.

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

If you do it once and it fixes it, you shouldn't have to do it again. Definitely worth a try though.

9. Sister Owl thread starter macrumors member

Tried to restore my backup from 18 September (everything was fine at start). Didn't help. Again, I cannot login.

Before I go even further in screwing up my phone and losing ALL my data by reinstalling clean iOS, I would like to ask, how does it work with PC? I mean, does it matter which Apple ID you are signed in on iTunes on PC? I need to know the reason why did this happen.

Hell, I'm so frustrated. Why the hell did I need a new OS in the first place? Primarily for block contact feature - well, that doesn't work either. If it ain't broke - don't fix it!! Grrrrr

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Have you tried syncing with a computer where you are logged in to your iTunes account? Give that a try.

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure where else to go except a clean restore like I suggested before.

Also, I don't know where you get the idea that the block caller feature is the main feature of iOS 7..it's far from it, it's definitely one of the smaller features of iOS 7.

11. Sister Owl thread starter macrumors member

It won't sync. I made sure I logged in to my Apple ID in iTunes. Then I plug my iPhone. Then I press Sync in iTunes — the button deactivates for a couple of seconds and that's it. Nothing happens.

12. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Are you using the latest version of iTunes?

Does it say it is doing anything during that sync period?

13. Sister Owl thread starter macrumors member

It is for me. We all have different needs, some of new features I don't need at all (like AirDrop. I also don't care for FaceTime or iMessage — I know they aren't new but what I want to say is importance of things varies with people and their particular needs.)

----------

It doesn't say anything. I can see no visual evidence of syncing process.

14. o0smoothies0o macrumors regular

I had something like this happening to me recently (on iOS 7). I would log into my Apple ID in settings, back out to the main settings, go back into it and I was signed out again. It wouldn't stay signed in, and every time I tried to download from the App Store I'd have to completely sign in (not just type in password). It was utterly infuriating, but after a full reinstall it is working as it should again.

15. Sister Owl thread starter macrumors member

OK, I rebooted the phone and tried syncing again. This time it synced, and I was able to login. But when I tested changing Apple ID — I again cannot login to neither of them.

----------

The funny thing is, I cannot sign in when installing an app. It just keeps asking my details again and again and again and again.

Oh well apparently I do have to full reinstall :( :(

I am dreading this thing to happen to my iPad, I have much more important data there, losing it would be devastating :(