Apple ID Compromise?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoloBond, Jan 31, 2012.

1. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Yesterday, while I was waiting for my accountant to finish my taxes, I get a pop up window telling me that my apple ID was disable and the I need it to reset my password. I reset my password and everything seems to be fine. After a few hours the OCD kicked in.. I wipe my phone and started from scratch.

After I restore my phone from iCloud I got another pop up saying my ID was disable and was asking me for a password, only this time was showing ID: hotstuff2@apple.com. I did a Google search for that email and come up with this https://www.google.com/search?q=hotstuff2%40apple.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Anyone seen this apple ID before? I don't know if a app/developer or I installed something I was not suppose too... no clue :confused:

any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

we have no way to know what you installed on your phone unless you tell us. If you share what you got installed maybe we can guide you to a resolution.

3. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

BBSettings
    SBSettings
    Springtomize 2
    Weathericon
    Siritoggle
    MyWi
    a few themes
    Activator
    Call Bar

TIA!

I just rest my phone again, but still wondering how that apple ID got there.

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Do you use imatch?

I've seen a few friends that have this issues with other people apple ID popup and all of these use imatch.... The only thing i can think of is that that user has a song that you have and the accounts are getting mixed up but i have yet to prove this and when ever i have asked apple they can't explain it.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

yeah, weird indeed unless you missed to mentioned an app, none of those app get access to your AppleID. I got several developers phones and several AppleIDs and I've seen my ID swapping around the phones when I install the test IPAs on those phones, it also happen with IPAs that had their encryption removed or cracked/stolen apps.

6. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

I did install MyWi cracked to test it before I paid $20, but the app was long gone and the non cracked version was installed, no clue... Something I forgot to mention is that my apple account was charge $50 in GF, right before apple reset my ID, but that's been taking care of...

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

ok then, mystery solved. :rolleyes:

good luck!

8. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm so that app save info in my phone that even after I installed the paid version stay there? dang that's mess up... I guess I found the first thing I miss about Android.... 15 min trials on app! but nothing else! lol

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

MyWi offer a FREE TRIAL (3 Days)..there is no need to installed an stolen/Cracked app.

10. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

too late for that lesson learned.

11. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

What is imatch? :rolleyes: I guess you're on of the ones that say "itouch" too?

12. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Sorry that was a mistake I meant iTunes Match.

When I replied I was busy at work and didn't really think to check the name.