Apple Id compromised??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by antifeik, Jun 23, 2011.

1. antifeik macrumors regular

antifeik

Hi guys! I'm fairly new to the forum,but I have been reading lots of threads in preparation to my first Mac,yay! But I recently received an email from apple saying that my billing n or shipping address has been changed,wth? So I follow the link and reset my password and everything then called apple and they say is an original link that the email refer me to and that nothing has been changed,ewwff! But now I'm paranoid,ugh,thinking my account has been compromised,you know.:confused: cause they don't know why I end up getting that email,huh?? :(

2. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

Don't EVER click on a link from any company having you put a password in. Are you sure the URL it took you to was apple's site?
    There are many Phishing scams out there trying to get your account info's and passwords and you may have given it to them.

Go to your account settings in iTunes and change your password!!
    https://iforgot.apple.com

3. antifeik thread starter macrumors regular

antifeik

Hi jagardn,that I forgot apple.com was the site it refered me to,oh I call apple right away and it seems to be a legitimate email from apple,but the thing is that apple don't know why I received that message,cause I didn't change anything on my account till I received that email prompting me to reset my password in case the update of my billing address wasn't done by me,you know,ugh,I'm a little panicked cause they don't even now why I got that email