Apple ID forgotten

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kovacm, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kovacm macrumors newbie

Hi,
    my friend forgot Apple ID! She know password since she type it many times but she never remember Apple ID!

After last iOS update, iPhone ask for Apple ID and password.
    Since she do not know Apple ID and miss it to many times, iPhone is now erased and locked and keep asking for Apple ID and password.

Is there any way to find what Apple ID was used with this iPhone?

2. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

3. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Did your "friend" happen to be a stranger that left their phone unattended at a social gathering?

[​IMG]

4. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

5. kidarkade macrumors newbie

kidarkade

Hello how do am post on this forums? What is my email address?

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

7. kovacm thread starter macrumors newbie

She did not create that Apple ID - she got used iPhone and Apple ID was already there.

I do not see all of you thinking that I stole (find or whatever...) phone when I said that I do not need password since she know pass but I only need Apple ID that is associate with her phone. PLEASE DO NOT POLLUTE thread if you do not have idea how to help me.

Yes, there is.

I found that Apple ID can be extracted from iTunes backup but unfortunately she never backup her phone...

8. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

9. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

That is an entirely DIFFERENT story than the one you started with! If she got it used from a seller then she bought a stolen phone. If she got it used from someone else then she needs to contact them.

If she never created the Apple ID, then why are you claiming she FORGOT the Apple ID?!

It is YOU who is polluting MacRumors with a request to break iCloud lock, a security feature designed to prevent exactly this kind of thing. If you don't like the answers you are getting then you need to go find a forum that deals with illicit and illegal things because it's not here.

Right. She never made a backup because she just got the phone.

You know. We aren't stupid here. There are far too many stories of people who "forgot" this or that but who really just want to break into a stolen phone so they can use it. You aren't the first and unfortunately you won't be the last.

10. kovacm thread starter macrumors newbie

reseller create Apple ID she she bought iPhone from him. It was two years ago and he does not remember what email he created. He type it Apple ID and told her password.

Next two years she used iPhone and type password whenever she download something from App Store but she never has to type Apple ID since it was type only once when reseler sell iPhone to her.

I am asking to find out Apple ID, not PASSWORD!

how hard is to comprehend that?

you are not stupid but you are bad if you say that I stole phone!!

so again, how I can find out Apple ID?

or even better question: how Apple connect Apple ID to specific device? Does they use UDID or IMEI for this purpose?
    and does iPhone store Apple ID in memory at all?
    my guess is that iPhone just send Apple ID and password that you type to Apple server and Apple on server check if they match.

11. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

You are out of luck. You can try calling Apple, but I doubt they will help you since you won't be able to answer any questions about the account in order for them to find it. Such as name, birthday, answers to secret question.

12. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

If what you say is true then that was not smart of your friend.

She let someone else create an Apple ID for her and then only got half the information she needed.

And the reseller conveniently claims he doesn't remember.

Doesn't that sound sketchy to you, that the reseller has both her Apple ID and password? But claims he doesn't remember?

I'm sorry. I can't help you.

Perhaps in the future your friend might be wise in creating her own Apple ID and not letting anyone else know it.

13. tivoboy macrumors 68030

Can't she just look back through her emails and find the communications from apple sometime in the past couple years that would have shown the ID was used to sign in to an apple device, or ios device, or mac osx device?

14. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

Those communications would have gone to the reseller and not to her.

If the emails went to her, then she would only have to try her email addresses with the known password.

15. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

really? just tell your "FRIEND" aka (I have a stolen iPhone or am trying to access someones account) to call apple and they'll retrieve it for her.

16. kovacm thread starter macrumors newbie

You are really boring with such attitude. I am here, on forum, by my name - you can easily find my snail address and personal data so please stop insulting me.

@tivoboy like geoffm33 conclude - if there where any communication, all email went to reseller email.

She will try to contact Apple, I will let you know if they will gave her Apple ID.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    These types of threads tend to devolve into the same pattern and as such its time to close this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.