Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Is this possible to do even if you still in the US ?

Is it allowed ?

I mainly want to so I can do sideloading.

Unless it is better to just wait for it to come to the US

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
You can do as much as you want and it is legal. But keep in mind that billing, pricing and currency will be also shifted to the country you chose + some apps might be also not available.

Like if you are in US, move your account to EU, then icloud/music will be billed in EUROs - euro payments might fail to your regular credit card - you will lose icloud/music. Also apps like chik fil a might be not supported so you would not be able install or update at some point - if you have it then you will keep using it until it asks to update - if you don't have it then you might be not able to fresh install.

Reactions: Shirasaki and max2

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Thanks.

Will this allow me to use sideloading though ?

Most important question.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Thanks.

Most important question.
Just for testing you don’t need to switch to EU, instead register a brand new Apple ID that’s in EU region.
Last time I check however, there’s a grace period for EU citizen leaving EU to continue to receive non-app-store app updates. And I don’t think you can enjoy sideloading by registering an EU account offshore.

Reactions: max2 and ctjack

AppliedMicro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Ask your local your competition regulator to investigate Apple for their anticompetitive policies regarding application software stores and encourage your local politicians to sponsor and adopt legislation that will enable more competition and freedom.
No. Big Brother is happy to make money from your European Apple ID.
But they're still keeping tabs on your location to force you into buying everything from them.

All the while advertising how they're protecting your privacy and touting their products' privacy features and restrictions.

Reactions: Shirasaki
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.