Apple ID help on my iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by finnhobson, Jan 7, 2011.

1. finnhobson macrumors newbie

So for some reason when I try download an app on my iphone it keeps coming up with my old Apple ID. when I try sign into it is says I need to go to iForget or something, so I just made a new ID. How do I change my iPhone so it doesnt ask me for my old Id's password, but for my new one. In my Store Settings I'm signed into my new one but the only place my old one is appearing is when I want to download/update an App. I've tried resetting my Network Settings, but this didn't help!

2. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Go to "Settings" --> "Store" on your phone and see which Apple ID is signed in. If it's your old one sign out then sign in with your new ID.

3. finnhobson thread starter macrumors newbie

Already tried that! My new one is signed in there. But it won't forget my old on in the app store!

4. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Are you trying to download a new app, or update an existing one? It sounds like you're trying to download a new app, in which case I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.

If you're updating, the existing app will be tied to the Apple ID that originally downloaded the app, and that's the ID/password iTunes will want to initiate the update. You could delete it and download it again with the new Apple ID, which is fine for free apps, but for paid apps I think you'd end up being asked to buy it again. Might be that if you call Apple they can help you out and let you re-download it under the new ID for free.