Apple ID issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mguti, Feb 26, 2016.

1. mguti macrumors member

Can anyone tell me why my Apple ID is coming up on my Mom's iPhone? When going into settings her Apple ID is signed in. So when I go to the App Store and view her Apple ID it shows all her info. But when I try to up date her apps a little screen pops up and ask for MY password and shows MY Apple ID. I've tried restarting the phone and no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like some apps were installed or sync'ed over through your account at some point.

3. mguti thread starter macrumors member

Here are some pics of what is going on. First pic shows that her Apple ID is currently signed into the App Store. Second pic is asking for my pasword. And the third is when I enter my password. image.png image.png image.png

4. Puonti macrumors 6502a

Try updating the apps individually.

When you run into one that asks for your Apple ID, delete that app from the phone, make sure your mother's Apple ID is entered in Settings / iTunes & App Store, search for the app in App Store (don't look it up through the "Purchased" page), and re-download it. See if that works.

5. mguti thread starter macrumors member

That's what I ended up doing. It worked, out of the 5 apps 3 were giving me problems. Luckily they were apps that weren't used very much anyways.