apple id issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elloimangel, Oct 28, 2011.

1. elloimangel macrumors newbie

i created an apple id and downloaded iphoto, imovie and garageband. i decided to unistall them but then i changed my mind and wanted to have them again, i created a new apple id because i don't want to use my old one, and the mac app store told me that i could not download those apps, they were available to another apple id, how can i make it so i can download those apps from y new apple id?

2. blatopilot macrumors regular

Log into the store with your old account information and you should be able to download the programs.

You cannot transfer those downloads to your new account.

3. Mindy60 macrumors regular

I had the same problem on my iPhone only it wasn't by choice. After I upgraded to iOS5 and migrated my me.com account over to iCloud, the store wanted to use my me.com account to purchase stuff whereas I was using a gmail account before the migration. Now I am back to using my gmail account. Luckily for me, I didn't spend any money with my me.com account so I could safely use my gmail account again at the store.

Why did you create a new apple id? What was wrong with the old one?

4. elloimangel thread starter macrumors newbie

i just don't wanna use at email. i still remember the information and all but i do not want to use it anymore! same here, i did not purchase anything luckily on that account! i just want to switch apple ids so i can download iphoto! no one is helping out though! :-(

5. Mindy60 macrumors regular

I wish I could be of some help but I only have an iPhone and can relate to my issue with the store there. If these are freebie apps, I don't know why it wouldn't let you install them with your new ID. Good luck!

6. elloimangel thread starter macrumors newbie

well, still, thanks for replying and sharing your story! i called apple yesterday and a representative tried helping me but kept telling me the wrong information, like he was answering the wrong question every time! i just gave up and i'll find out how!