iPad Apple ID issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by domya, Jul 3, 2017.

1. domya macrumors newbie

Had many running issues in the past but this one has been the most annoying and frustrating.

I've gotten to the point that my apps are outdated and I need to update them. However when I attempt to update them I am required to "Sign into iTunes Store" and to enter my password to my old email address. I am confused by this because I have replaced this apple ID with a new one.

However when entering my old password it asks me to Verify the email by going into the settings because my old apple ID was locked for "security reasons". I am only confused by this because as I have said, I replaced this and even in the settings it has my new apple ID linked to both iTunes and the App Store.

I have tried everything suggested from what I have read. I have tried to unlock my old apple ID but for that I have to either send an email to my old email that has been blocked and impossible to get back or to answer to security questions that my dad made up years ago when getting my first iphone.

I'm in a vicious circle and need help. Plz.

2. Puonti macrumors 6502a

App purchases (including free apps) are tied to a specific Apple ID. It sounds like you previously used Apple ID "A", installed a number of apps on your iPad, then for some reason you didn't specify created a new Apple ID "B" and configured your iPad to use that one instead.

While this does allow you to continue using the apps that were installed on the iPad previously, as you've noticed, it prevents you from updating them without switching to the Apple ID they were purchased with. Even if you were able to unlock your old Apple ID, you would have to keep switching between the two Apple IDs to update all of yours apps, as no doubt you've installed new apps onto your iPad with your new Apple ID.

Since you don't have access to your old Apple ID, your only option is to remove the apps you installed with your old Apple ID from your iPad, and re-install them with your new Apple ID. You have to pay again for any apps that are premium and you'll lose whatever in-app purchases you made with your old Apple ID.

Note that this can happen again if you decide to create a third Apple ID, so make sure you have full control over your current Apple ID.