Apple ID & iTunes sign in error after clean install

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by myname70, Aug 12, 2014.

1. myname70 macrumors 6502a

Guys, I did TM recovery back to Mavericks and cannot sign in to iTunes (Apple account). It shows an error connecting the server and to try again... tried many times. And just after couple if hours it connected. After that install again 10.10 and - the same issue - still cannot connect to apple server for hours now... any ideas why such problems after clean install or recovery ? Maybe Apple ID / iTunes server has some time out before which time cannot login again? Or what... strange

2. asriznet macrumors regular

Are you sure you did a clean install? Which means formatting the HDD and running the OS X installer? your data should not be present after a clean install.

if yes, you have isolated the OS from the problem by doing an erase & install of OS X. I doubt it's hardware however it could be network problem.

Try connecting your mac to a personal hotspot network from your phone and see if it does the same thing.

3. myname70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, full HDD erase and clean install by USB installer. . I have 3 different ISP and one mobile provider -with all 4 the same... of course , the iMac is connected to the internet. I tired to login to icloud.com from my windows based laptop and again failed with the server error. ..

4. asriznet macrumors regular

Then it might just be your icloud account if issue persists on a PC and other networks. If you have another icloud account to try to further isolate the issue, do that. You should call AppleCare and report the issue if it's only your Apple ID that's affected, none of us here can help.

5. myname70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just revert back to 10.9.4 (via TM) and now it works again.. Something happened when moving back from Yosemite PB1 and DP5 to Mavericks and agin to PB1 or DP5. Will monitor it again during the next DP6/PB2 release update . Thanks!