Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frank Philips

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Kyoto, Japan
Hi,

I own a 5th generation iPad running IOS 13.5.1

During the last week, I've had my account locked 3 times and I (fortunately) unlocked it.

It happened randomly, once when I switched the iPad on in the morning, twice when it was already on : once when I launched a game and it (I assume) checked my ID/accessed saved data, and once when playing another game and a video ad sent me to the app store.

Anyone experienced the same issues?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Log out of everything using iCloud/ID, including the app store, iMessage, FaceTime. Maybe you changed your password recently and something is using the old one and causing the lock. Could even be another device that you use the same Apple ID on.

Frank Philips

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Kyoto, Japan
Actually, I haven't changed the Apple ID in a while, so I thought that could have been the issue. It's the only Apple product I currently own and use, not logged in on any other device / OS either.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Actually, I haven't changed the Apple ID in a while, so I thought that could have been the issue. It's the only Apple product I currently own and use, not logged in on any other device / OS either.
Well, umm, just log out of everything which uses it and log back in again, and hope for the best :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like some are encountering this sort of thing recently:

Reactions: Frank Philips
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.