Apple ID locked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Jan 4, 2017.

1. tl01 macrumors 65832

I keep getting this window popping up. I have unlocked it before. I was getting ready to buy an app right now and it said I needed to verify my info. I called Apple earlier today and they said it was not locked. I'll call again tomorrrow. Anyone else have this issue?

Attached Files:

2. Conan86 macrumors 6502

How about signing out of everything linked to your Apple Account and sign back in? Best to change your password etc first over at the official website https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

3. sven691103 macrumors newbie

It's either your password then your account is locked or the other reason would be you have a payment which has to be made still and that's why your account was locked. In this case you have to call Apple and the guys from the iTunes Store have to verify you and unlock it.

4. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

Somebody trying to open your account with wrong passwords?

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

6. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65832

I called Apple and it was clearly locked. I changed my password which is already impossible to guess...made it even harder...and went to two factor authentication. Hopefully everything will stay safe. All I can figure is that someone is trying to gain access to my account via brute force? But really, who has interest in my account? It's not that exciting.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 5, 2017 ---
    No payment issues. I can't figure out why it keeps getting locked.

7. StonewallBrown macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

If you have any app/movie/music, purchased with a different ID, that can happen.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Otherwise, the OP could contact iTunes support if it's a technical issue or like you said, if it's a payment rendering owed, then they won't unlock until something is cleared.

9. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65832

I don't have any apps or other content I didn't purchase with my Apple ID.

10. StonewallBrown macrumors regular

StonewallBrown

Then the only other thing I can think of, is you need to update your payment info.

11. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65832

It isn't the update your payment method issue. That is updated. I have to go through my security questions etc on the Apple site in order to unlock it.