Apple ID locked

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I keep getting this window popping up. I have unlocked it before. I was getting ready to buy an app right now and it said I needed to verify my info. I called Apple earlier today and they said it was not locked. I'll call again tomorrrow. Anyone else have this issue?

Attachments

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
I keep getting this window popping up. I have unlocked it before. I was getting ready to buy an app right now and it said I needed to verify my info. I called Apple earlier today and they said it was not locked. I'll call again tomorrrow. Anyone else have this issue?
How about signing out of everything linked to your Apple Account and sign back in? Best to change your password etc first over at the official website https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

sven691103

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2016
It's either your password then your account is locked or the other reason would be you have a payment which has to be made still and that's why your account was locked. In this case you have to call Apple and the guys from the iTunes Store have to verify you and unlock it.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I called Apple and it was clearly locked. I changed my password which is already impossible to guess...made it even harder...and went to two factor authentication. Hopefully everything will stay safe. All I can figure is that someone is trying to gain access to my account via brute force? But really, who has interest in my account? It's not that exciting.
[doublepost=1483631517][/doublepost]
It's either your password then your account is locked or the other reason would be you have a payment which has to be made still and that's why your account was locked. In this case you have to call Apple and the guys from the iTunes Store have to verify you and unlock it.
No payment issues. I can't figure out why it keeps getting locked.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Otherwise, the OP could contact iTunes support if it's a technical issue or like you said, if it's a payment rendering owed, then they won't unlock until something is cleared.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Then the only other thing I can think of, is you need to update your payment info.
It isn't the update your payment method issue. That is updated. I have to go through my security questions etc on the Apple site in order to unlock it.