Apple ID on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mitchdv, Feb 24, 2012.

1. mitchdv macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am trying to update my apps on my iPad and that little box where you have to enter your password pops up the Apple ID is not mine. How do I change that? I went into the settings and typed in my apple id and password and on the app store at the bottom my appled shows correctly but when it prompts me for password the apple id is wrong. What do I do? Please help!

Thanks,

Mitch

2. LiesForTheLiars macrumors regular

Did you steal the iPad?

I'd backup your iPad then Restore it in iTunes and set it up with your Apple ID.

3. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

Either that or he bought it used from a moron who forget to clear his data.

4. mitchdv thread starter macrumors newbie

Funny, but I work and get paid so I can buy my own iPad but thanks for your help.

----------

again...........NO and I'm a SHE!

5. LiesForTheLiars macrumors regular

Did you miss the part where I helped you? Backup all your data to iTunes, then use the Restore option in iTunes, then you'll be able to set up the device with your apple ID and transfer the backup to your iPad. If you did buy it NEW, someone else's Apple ID wouldn't be in your iPad. When you set it up for the first time it asks for your ID, so either someone set it up for you and used their ID or you bought it used or done other reason.

6. mitchdv thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you also miss the part where I thanked you for your help. Again, thank you for your help.

7. LiesForTheLiars macrumors regular

Let us know how it goes. Do you have access to iTunes to Restore your device?

8. maclook macrumors 65816

Watch out. He's mad.
    Jk.

Do you know the ID that pops up or is it a totally random ID? If it's a familiar ID, is it one of your boyfriend/husband/whatever that you happen to share the computer with that you sync to?

9. Vindicator macrumors member

normally, that is because one (or more) of apps available for update belong to(purchased from) another account. You can try update apps one by one to detect what is the app from another account.
    If it is free app, just delete it and redownload with your account, if it is paid app then you need to purchase it with your account to able to update that app.
    Or just find the password :D