Apple ID on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crisst, Aug 15, 2014.

1. crisst macrumors newbie

Hi, I am new to MacRumors and to Macbook Pro Computers. I have a iPhone and iPad Mini, & bought a used Macbook Pro from a friend. I can sign on to iTunes with no problem, but when I have operating system updates for the Macbook Pro it shows up with my friends Apple ID and I can't figure out for my life how to change it. I am hoping it is something simple that I am just overlooking. I have been updating using his email and password....but I really want to have it in my name. Do I have to take it to a computer shop to have them do it? I am pretty good with computers...but great directions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. simsaladimbamba

Menu Bar > :apple: > System Preferences > iCloud gives you the option of logging out and logging back in with your own Apple ID.
    Menu Bar > :apple: > App Store > Menu Bar > Store > Sign Out gives you the option of logging out and the same location, this time Sign In..., gives you the option of logging in with your own Apple ID.

Basic Mac OS X Graphical User Interface (GUI) Elements
    clickable for bigger picture
    [​IMG]

3. crisst thread starter macrumors newbie

Excellent...so far so good!! I am looking forward to the next OS X update to make sure my Apple ID is being used. Thank you so much!

4. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

I'd suggest you get yourself on one of the Apple store's free workshops to get some overview of how your Mac works :)

5. crisst thread starter macrumors newbie