Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bluemeanie1976

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
OK, so I have a .me account, and a seperate apple ID, (yahoo.co.uk), so which do I use for iCloud? I've tried looking for advice on the apple website, but it seems very vague for this scenario. I can't change my yahoo ID for the .me in iTunes. So who is doing what?

Many thanks

Andy

Katalysis

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
OK, so I have a .me account, and a seperate apple ID, (yahoo.co.uk), so which do I use for iCloud? I've tried looking for advice on the apple website, but it seems very vague for this scenario. I can't change my yahoo ID for the .me in iTunes. So who is doing what?

Many thanks

Andy

AFAIK, you need both to take full advantage of iCloud. You have to have a .me email address to use cloud syncing for notes (because they go into your .me email). I don't know about email because I use gmail.

Once you have set up a .me address, you can just log in with Apple ID and it will remember.

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA

Many thanks

Andy

I had the same problem.

In the end I used my .me account since you have to make a .me email address for iCloud. I still use my itunes/apple id for apps. The problem with using the .me account - your apps don't show up as purchased items in iCloud. Although if you backup your device with iCloud it should have a copy of your apps. Haven't verified since I haven't jumped on the iCloud backup system yet. Still backing up to local.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.