Apple ID Password window pops up continually...then disappears!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by makismagoo99, Jan 27, 2014.

1. makismagoo99 macrumors regular

makismagoo99

So here's what happened. I went out and got a shiny new iPhone 5S. At the Apple Store, they activate the phone and start the iCloud restore process (which continues after I get home and re-connect to WiFi). The restore from iCloud was taking FOREVER and a few apps would NOT download, so I used iTunes to create a backup from my old 4S, and restored from the new backup.

After doing that, I thought woohoo! I can check out the iWork apps since they are free with my shiny new iPhone. But they show up as $9.99. So after some googling, I read you might need to log out of the App Store, reboot, and log in again. No problem, so I log out and reboot.

Now we hit our problem. I can't log back in. The Settings app does nothing when I type in my Apple ID and password. Worse, the popup alert asking me to sign in with my Apple ID pops up again and again, but disappears before I can type in anything.

I'm at a loss for ideas, can anyone help?

2. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

I know you are avoiding this and looking for a simple fix. There just may not be one and the saving grace is you can go back and set it up as new.

3. makismagoo99 thread starter macrumors regular

makismagoo99

You hit the nail on the head. I was hoping it was a simple setting or app that caused the weird behavior, but after trying a few different things I threw in the towel. I created another new backup from my 4S, and restored the 5S to factory settings with iTunes. Then I chose to restore it from backup and everything is working perfectly again. Thanks!