Apple ID Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by *~Kim~*, Feb 13, 2015.

1. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

I've changed my email address since I first got an iPhone, due to my previous account telling me that the password was wrong when it isn't. After a few occasions where I went through password recovery to change it, only for the same to happen again within a few weeks, I got bored.

I've attempted to change my settings so that Apple store receipts go to my new email address, but it appears to have changed my whole Apple ID to the new email address (the previous Apple ID and password combination comes up as being wrong when entered.) My iPhone comes up with my old email address and asks me to enter my password, but this comes up invalid as above, so I can't use iCloud for backups or download any further content. How do I set my iPhone to use my new email address or revert the change? I don't want to wipe my whole phone and set it up as new.

Thanks

2. *~Kim~* thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have to delete all your old apps and redownload them all with your new apple ID.
    Completely log off from the old apple ID account and start fresh only using the new one.

4. pdxmatts, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  5. *~Kim~* thread starter macrumors 6502

Wouldn't that mean losing all paid for content?
    Been hit with that once before, far too much on my phone at the mo to lose it all.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Correct.
    You would have to repurchase everything.
    That's why people don't change or abandon their current Apple accounts.
    Call up Apple and see if they can help you use your old account with all your purchases and reset the email or password.

7. kukheart macrumors regular

kukheart

My wife over the last 8 years somehow changed her email and account info and has songs from 3 different apple ID's. Finally last year, I was able to look up passwords and got everything back in line, but it is still a major pain in the ass. Apple won't merge accounts.:apple:

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

9. jldesutter83, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015

jldesutter83 macrumors regular

jldesutter83

I changed my email on my apple acct after I got married. I remember my old email popping up for iCloud too I think.

So your Apple acct should be the new email but the old email still pops up? Did you try using your password for the new email? If it's the same acct but the email is wrong for iCloud the password should still be right. And resign in the iCloud in setting with the correct email. I remember my