Apple ID problems

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tommy060289, Oct 16, 2012.

1. tommy060289 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I seem to be having a lot of problems with my Apple ID.

Ive been hoping to switch my email to icloud but a couple of problems are worrying me.

1. When I log in to icloud.com it wont let me create any more aliases. It just comes up with the error 'Cannot be saved at this time.
    2. If I try to log in to the apple support community, I get a message saying for security reasons we need you to log in again, or something along those lines. So I do and I get another screen saying please create a username (even though I already have one) and here is where it all goes wrong. If I type in my username (tommy060289) it says this one is already in use, and if I type in a different one it says I already have one associated with my account and cant create another one. What the hell!

Ive tried the usual such as resetting safari and what not but no luck. Any one got any tips?

Cheers,

Tom

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

At this time you can't change an Apple ID to an @iCloud or an @me account. If it's your first ID however, it can be.

I ended up making my @me my primary email address for all of my Apple ID stuff and calling it a day. I still have to sign in with my xxxxxx@email.com account, but all of my Apple ID & iTunes receipt emails go to my @me account.