Apple ID question - 2 @me.com emails

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by pitt1717, Jun 8, 2014.

1. pitt1717 macrumors 6502

so my question is a little different than most and i have not seen it answered yet (or my search is incorrect) and I'm hoping someone can answer.
    i have 2 email addresses from apple. and a few years back i tied my gmail address to the wrong email for my iTunes account. is there any way to move the gmail email id to the first apple email?

with iOS 8, i want to prepare better for family sharing etc and thought maybe now would be a good time into fixing a problem that always bothered me

apple@me.com (the one i want to be primary and moved the gmail account to)
    apple2@me.com (has the gmail account tied to it)

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Unfortunately, Apple does not allow us to merged ID's. It's a much demanded service, but so far, they aren't doing anything about it.

Tim Cook said a couple of years ago that they were looking at it, but that was all that was said.

3. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors 6502

so you look at what i want as a merge... ok i thought i can keep the id's separate and just move the gmail from 1 email to the other (non merge)

at least i know the term to search for now.... thanks

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Swapping them isn't an option either.

It's too bad really, because I want to merge my two ID's as well.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If you go to appleid.apple.com and log in with apple2@me.com do you see your gmail address under alternate email addresses? Can you delete it?

6. pitt1717 thread starter macrumors 6502

i do see it, but I'm not sure i want to delete it... sounds like trying to unlink will do more harm then good. but i think i see where you are going....

as for the other email, when i look there, theres no option to edit the primary email... not sure if i have to use it to create an account first or not.

7. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I would email iTunes support and see what they tell you. Can't hurt anything and then you'll know for sure.