Apple ID Question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by RDowson, Jul 4, 2011.

1. RDowson macrumors 6502

RDowson

Hey

If I use my iTunes ID (myname@yahoo.co.uk) as my iCloud ID, can I add my existing MobileMe email (myname@me.com) to it so that back-ups, contact sync, as well as iTunes and App Store purchases are all under the one account but also allowing me to keep my @me.com email address?

I know account merging isn't possible. This is a bit different.

http://www.karthikk.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/icloud-setup-7.png

The reason I ask is because if I use my MobileMe ID as my iCloud ID, when I set up a new iOS 5 device I would have to then go into the iTunes settings and change that to my iTunes ID. Overly-complicated and stupid! :)

2. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Is this not getting a bit repetitive for you now?

3. RDowson thread starter macrumors 6502

RDowson

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've yet to receive a definitive answer. I keep think of new ideas and possibilities.

I'm hoping someone using the iOS 5 beta might know.

4. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

It is a bit repetitive to ask her as we are not Apple.

For Apple's view on the matter:

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html

You will be able to buy Apps with your Apple Id (iTunes), and sill sync your other data with iCloud account (mobileme ID). How iTunes Match will work with the two is yet to be demonstrated.