apple id question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by wizardkim, Aug 17, 2013.

1. wizardkim macrumors newbie

I think my apple ID was overwritten with my friend's japanese apple id.
    it all started when i tried to use my friend's japanese Apple ID. first, i went into setting, then itunes & app stores and tapped apple id,then i tapped view apple ID, typed in my password and tapped Apple ID again. On Apple ID, i changed my Apple ID to my friend's and same with the password & verify. I then tapped Done, changed Country/Region to japan and tapped done again.I noticed that the Apple ID was still my Apple ID so I tapped the APple ID again and tapped sign out, which i signed in right after signing out. Then i went to the app store and downloaded new games in japanese app store. then, i logged off of my friend's japanese apple id and tried to log into my own but when i tried, i couldn't because the message that showed up was that i typed in my id or password wrong(which i typed in right)... so i re logged into my friend's japanese apple ID again and re did the view apple ID and changed the information i changed back to my information and now it seems like my apple ID is over written by my friend's Japanese Apple ID.

any way to reverse this act to get my original apple ID back?

btw sry if this is wrong section to ask...

2. MDJCM macrumors regular

MDJCM

There's definitely no way to combine or merge 2 Apple IDs, trust me, I've tried and I've asked Apple. They won't do it.

Every Apple ID is a separate account with Apple, you have a bit of flexibility on what email address you can use but its all unnecessarily restricted.

3. wizardkim thread starter macrumors newbie

really? because i think i did something that was impossible to do... my apple account is >over written< with my friend's japanese apple ID since name, cellphone number, address is all changed to my friends...

and one more thing...
    is apple ID an important thing besides downloading app? i mean... since i can't get my original account back, im gana report my credit card as missing to get a new credit card so that just in case no body can use my old credit card...

4. MDJCM macrumors regular

MDJCM

Where in the world are you? I think you should call Apple and discuss this with them. Everything I know about Apple IDs tell me this isn't possible.

iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com

5. wizardkim thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry for the late reply, have contacted the itunes store but they have failed to help me.

so, to answer your question, i live in a magical place called earth, united states to be specific, and washington state to be exact.
    i did contact apple and they directed me to itunes support team's email and pete, a dude from itunes has tried to help me but has failed, and he now directed me to other department so i have given up on retrieving my old account and am planning to get a new ID.
    so... as i asked before... Apple ID is nothing important besides downloading apps right? because im gana change my credit card and will make new apple ID :3

6. MDJCM macrumors regular

MDJCM

If you make a new Apple ID, register it to a gmail address that you are looking to keep for the next 10 years.

yahoo, Hotmail, ISPs email, all a gamble, stick with gmail, get a good address