Apple ID question

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by raben1, Feb 17, 2014.

1. raben1 macrumors newbie

I have just visited apple apps to download a recent update to garage band when click update the usual box appears the first part normally has my apple id already filled and the second part of the box requires my pass word,but today the apple id that was filled in was not my apple id(the filled in id was superfohn_bananendate@gmail)don't know were this came from but I cannot remove it as my apple id box is greyed out,put my apple password in the box provided just to see if the update would download.All I got was a box saying,This apple id has been disabled for security reasons clic to reset your account.Has anyone any ideas as to what this might be,have not clicked on reset my account in case this is a bug of some sorts.Any help would great.
    regards Ray

2. DeltaMac, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014

DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That particular ID (superfohn_bananendate@gmail) is named in a number of threads that you can search for.
    Here's one example:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5806927?tstart=0

You'll see that the conclusion is that you have downloaded some app through a torrent, and now it tries to update the app, and unfortunately, the app is linked to the ORIGINAL purchaser, which may or may not be whoever uploaded that app to a torrent tracker. And, it may not necessarily show you exactly which app was a torrent. Maybe you know, as I have heard of this recently with a couple of Apple apps, such as Final Cut ProX, or Aperture. Sound familiar?
    another: http://kickass.to/ilife-2013-iphoto...band-10-0-intel-edition-t8091204.html#comment

3. raben1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks delta mac,the app that I trying to update was garageband so I put it in the trash and the update disappeared so I am presuming that is were the problem was.