Apple ID - Registered card not being charged.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by leerichards1, Mar 3, 2014.

1. leerichards1 macrumors regular

I have a ticket open with Apple for the following issue but wondered if anyone here could suggest what my problem is.

I use my Apple ID to purchase items on my iPhone, iPad and iMac. I have had no issues and all charges are taken from my regular bank account. The odd thing though is that when I check my account page in iTunes on my iMac or on my iOS device the payment method shown is a credit card of mine. Absolutely no charges are made to this card and only to my bank account. At some point of course I have provided Apple with my bank details but find it strange that I can find no reference to them anymore.

As I have received a new credit card, I am now being prompted to update my credit card details before I can purchase new items even though that card is never charged. My credit card has no direct link to my bank account and is a from a different institution.

I only have one Apple ID and have verified that this single Apple ID is logged into all of my devices.

I can't understand what is happening.

This same Apple ID is used for iTunes Match and iCloud storage and again, charges are made directly to my bank account and not the credit care I see in my account options online.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Contact iTunes support...You really can't be too careful with stuff like this and they are very helpful.

3. leerichards1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, yeah I have already logged a ticket and am just waiting for their response.

4. jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

How did you log a ticket?

I have a problem with iOS reviews of mine never appearing, that I need to chase-up.
    Strange, I know it's faulty, as even the simplest test reviews I've tried like "This is the greatest app in the world to use." never ever appear... it's SO annoying after you've spent 10-15 mins typing up how great or not-so-great an app is, and for your troubles, the review NEVER even gets sodding posted by Apple, while 50 other users leave "itsh relly gr8!!" type ones, that appear instead!:mad:

5. leerichards1 thread starter macrumors regular

https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Don't hold your breath though, I've not had any meaningful response from them yet apart from 'well we see this particular account and it's all we have' despite my confirmation that they aren't charging 'that' account but an entirely different one.