Apple ID sign-in hangs in iTunes, App Store and Xcode

Discussion in 'macOS' started by larynx, Oct 27, 2015.

1. larynx macrumors newbie

I'm using OSX El Capitan. I trying to sign-in to iTunes, the App Store and Xcode and after putting in my email and password it just hangs. There's a spinning wheel next to the email field but I can't cancel or quit the application, the only way to close it is to "Force Quit" with the Activity Monitor.

The only ways that work are via Application Loader or a browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari work). I tried changing my password but that didn't work. I also tried resetting the NVRAM, disk permissions, booting into safe boot, creating a new test user, creating a new Apple ID, using a different internet connection and re-installing OSX without wiping my settings (using the Recovery HD) and none of those things worked.

I also tried upgrading to version 10.11.1 and after reboot it asked to login to iCloud so after I put in my account information the wheel kept spinning and it was just hanging there and I had to do a hard reset for the system to finish booting up.

Any help would be appreciated

2. larynx thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: I ended up formatting and installing a fresh copy of OSX

3. icymountain macrumors regular

I have this issue too, and have no idea what triggered it.

Is there no other solution than a clean install ???
    I hope the Mac of 2015 will not look like the MS Windows I was using in 99 or so (and did leave for that matter).