Apple ID Sign In Requested Pop-Up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MOTiiVHATE`, Oct 31, 2016.

1. MOTiiVHATE` macrumors member

Anyone ever seen this before? Should I change my password? FullSizeRender.jpg

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are you in Philadelphia currently?
    I usually get an email when a new device signs in.

3. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

You apparently have two-factor authentication enabled. This will happen any time you or someone else tries to access your iCloud account/data. If you didn't sign into something right when before this popped up, then you should change your password.

4. Shayansf macrumors newbie

Shayansf

Hi,
    I'm having the same issue. I just turned on two-factor authentication and I've been receiving these login alerts.
    Should I change my password? Also after changing the password do the alerts stop?

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I had this happen too, I didn't sign in to any new devices (to my knowledge) and something popped up in the city I lived in, I hit don't allow the few times it happened and it has not returned

6. Howl's Castle macrumors regular

Howl's Castle

If that wasn't you, or you don't live in that area, you'll want to change your password.

7. 1080p macrumors 68030

1080p

Keep in mind... if you have 2 Factor Authentication... you will always get the pop up when signing in to your iCloud Account... (except for Appstore/iTunes purchases from your trusted device)

So if you visit any Apple websites from any web browser (Even on a trusted device):
    http://www.iCloud.com
    http://appleid.apple.com

Or if you sign into a new Apple device:
    iOS/MacOS device setup
    iOS Settings>iCloud>Sign in

Some of the pics in the above posts appear like you yourself are attempting to login to an Apple site.