Apple ID

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Arsonic, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Arsonic macrumors newbie

I'm about to get receive the MBP I ordered on the 26th in the post this week (UK delivery seems to suck badly) and I've prepared everything (file backups, itunes library, apps to install) for its arrival but one thing still confuses me.

Apple ID. I've seen install videos and first boot up videos where it brings up a page called Apple ID and information has to be entered. Now is this the same as itunes? Or the same as my Apple Store ID? Or is it something completely different?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

It's both your iTunes and Apple Store ID. If you have two different ones, consider getting rid of one and using the other for both.

3. TomGolden macrumors member

TomGolden

Yes - your Apple ID is tyhe same as your iTunes account, or Apple online store ID if you have ever ordered anything from that place.

4. Arsonic thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the speedy replies. I just realised I only have one Apple ID. Got confused there for a second.

So I should just enter that one on the initial boot up?

Also another quick question, can I rename the Macintosh HD without it causing any problems?

5. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Yes you should enter your Apple ID to register your product (and it'll fill in all of your information for you from their records). And yes, you can.

6. Arsonic thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot dude. Looks like I'm all set. Now for the waiting.