Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Satanic Goat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
I can't update my applications on my iPhone or in iTunes this morning. Keeps stating wrong user ID or password, which I know is correct. Had a quick browse on the apple support forums and it seems I'm not the only one. Just a heads up really and to check yours is working.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I can't update my applications on my iPhone or in iTunes this morning. Keeps stating wrong user ID or password, which I know is correct. Had a quick browse on the apple support forums and it seems I'm not the only one. Just a heads up really and to check yours is working.

I'm having the same problem, even after resetting my iTunes password. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

jas1973

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2010
What's the advantage of having a apple ID other then a shorter log in name then your email?

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
What's the advantage of having a apple ID other then a shorter log in name then your email?

Your email is your Apple ID. The Apple ID is just Apple's database of the members' email addresses. You can either make it an email address or just a username, but registering either with Apple turns it into an Apple ID

jas1973

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2010
is there anyway to consolidate an old itunes account with a new one? i started a new mobile me account almost a year ago and started using that as my itunes ID. but before that i had an account with an e mail address which is not active anymore as the ID. So now i have to log into two different accounts to update apps bought from the old itunes account and apps bought with the new mobile me account. pain in the rear!! I don't like keeping the old one active with payment information when i don't plan to use it, but it will not even let you do free updates unless the payment info is up to date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.