Apple ID's don't seem to be working.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Satanic Goat, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Satanic Goat macrumors regular

Satanic Goat

I can't update my applications on my iPhone or in iTunes this morning. Keeps stating wrong user ID or password, which I know is correct. Had a quick browse on the apple support forums and it seems I'm not the only one. Just a heads up really and to check yours is working.

2. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'm having the same problem, even after resetting my iTunes password. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

3. samwise macrumors regular

4. jas1973 macrumors 6502

What's the advantage of having a apple ID other then a shorter log in name then your email?

5. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Your email is your Apple ID. The Apple ID is just Apple's database of the members' email addresses. You can either make it an email address or just a username, but registering either with Apple turns it into an Apple ID

6. jas1973 macrumors 6502

is there anyway to consolidate an old itunes account with a new one? i started a new mobile me account almost a year ago and started using that as my itunes ID. but before that i had an account with an e mail address which is not active anymore as the ID. So now i have to log into two different accounts to update apps bought from the old itunes account and apps bought with the new mobile me account. pain in the rear!! I don't like keeping the old one active with payment information when i don't plan to use it, but it will not even let you do free updates unless the payment info is up to date.