Apple II: Monitor Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by froggytreafrogg, Jan 17, 2009.

1. froggytreafrogg macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

Hi, I was thinking about acquiring an Apple II for my collection. Do they need to have an original Apple II monitor or is there another option. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. :apple:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Wow... um... the monitor from my Apple II uses a composite video plug (at least, it looks a heck of a lot like one) to display, so you'll need something like that.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The video output of the early Apples allowed for the use of nearly any kind of monitor, including a TV through the use of the RF Modulator. I used both my old Toshiba 19" CRT TV and a Zenith ZDS-123 Monochrome monitor (selectable green or amber display!).

Most compatible devices are likely in landfills now, but you should still be able to find a suitable display. Unless there's a particular need or desire, the Apple-branded monitors aren't necessary.

eBay can be your friend at times like these…

4. froggytreafrogg thread starter macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

thanks for the response. is there anything you recommend?

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

'Fraid not. It's been far too long ago for me to have any clue what's a useable choice today.

6. wizzracer macrumors 6502

wizzracer

They have a load of Apple branded monitors at my local used Computer store here. They do the samething, Have a complete working unit from the 70'S To present.