Apple IIe Wireless Mouse Mod

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by imaketouchtheme, Aug 14, 2012.

1. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

As many of you already know, I run a blog where I do original hacks/mods that are intended to be neat and fun. I've been featured on Engadget, LifeHacker, Kotaku and several other blogs quite a few times. Well, my most recent "hack" is relevant to this forum so I thought I'd share it here. This is NOT intended to be "advertising" or "spam", so I will NOT post a link to my blog/website. I will post a link to the Instructable instead. I posted it about an hour ago, and it's already been featured on the front page of their website. Let me know if you all have any questions or want to know anything! Link is here.

Thanks!!!

Click the pictures for larger views.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I saw this on TUAW, it looks awesome! Where did you get the mouse from, on eBay all I can find is the Apple Desktop Bus II mouse. Do you think that would work too?

3. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmmm. It looks fairly different. I'm not able to find any like the one I have either. I actually got mine at a local flea market for a couple dollars.

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Nifty!

Though I have to wonder, why would you WANT to use one of those clunkers? I seem to recall my hand cramping almost as frequently on those old mice as it did with an NES brick.

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

If you get any more info on it, let me know please!
    Otherwise I may just try it myself, after all, they can't be that different apart from the shape, can they? (Famous last words...)

6. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

I am not positive, but I think that is a mouse for an apple IIGS rather than an apple IIe. I think the plug was a game port style on the IIe, vs the round adb style on the gs.

7. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh yes, you're correct! Thanks for pointing that out!!!!

To the above poster, here's an eBay search link with plenty of them:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Vintage-Macintosh-Apple-Desktop-Bus-Mouse-ADB-A9M0331-

Also, if you all don't mind, please vote for me in the Instructables contest. The prize is a MacBook Air and I just got accepted as an entry.

Thanks!!

8. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816

9. imaketouchtheme thread starter macrumors 65816