Apple IIGS at a Goodwill...

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Roderick Usher, May 15, 2016.

1. Roderick Usher macrumors regular

Dec 9, 2006
    I visit thrift stores a lot, and sometimes I happen upon a piece of old computing. I've come across a mint Commodore 1541 drive (which, in retrospect, I should have picked up), a PowerBook 2400c whose screen died after a few days, an Apple Extended Keyboard, and other fun things.

This, though, seems to be the mother lode. I found it at the Goodwill in Middletown, CT.

System, drives, monitor, printer, joystick, software (full list is in the photo). They want $450 for everything, they say it's all working, and they offer to let you verify that on the spot.

2. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

Mar 23, 2003
    New England
    Seems a little pricey to me. Unless it has some decent expansion cards, like a scsi card and accelerator. These are a pain to run from a single 3.5" diskette.

Also what rom version is this? I would avoid the rom 0 in favor of the rom 1 or 3 units.
  3. maczo macrumors newbie

Dec 25, 2014
    Does it come with manuals, system floppies and everything... or is it just the original boxes?
  4. gkarris macrumors 604

Dec 31, 2004
    "No escape from Reality..."
    I got the monitor, IIgs, and drive all CIB for $150 shipped years ago.

This is a bit pricey - maybe, maybe, $200 if the units are all CIB (packing, paperwork, software, cables).