Apple IIGS System with boxes and more

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by LimeiBook86, Jan 11, 2009.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Hello everyone,

I may of posted this a while ago but, I've decided to think about it more seriously now. I have an Apple IIGS system with it's original box, a load of sealed manuals and documents (Programing books etc, much more then actually pictured), cables, mouse, microphone, Apple stickers, two floppy disk drives (one 3.5 the other 5.25) - both with their boxes. Now the items have been used, but they are in great condition. The only thing is the original keyboard is missing a key.

So I was wondering how much something like this may be worth. Is it worth holding onto, or do things like this not increase or retain their value too much? I'd say it's in pretty good condition, you can judge by the photos below. The Apple IIgs itself has some marker scribbles on the back by the ports. However I also have a SCSI card, a memory upgrade card, and a CPU upgrade card separately which came from another IIgs. It boots up fine and I've tested the floppy drives which do work.

I'll probably end up keeping it for a while until somebody comes along with a good offer, or I need the space in my closet back. What do you guys think? :) Thanks! :D

Attached Files:

2. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

ooh. that was like my first computer. I can't imagine it'd be worth much though. i think i might have given mine away. maybe you keep it in storage for 50 years and it'll become a vintage collectible? :rolleyes:

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Well I'm not in a real rush to get rid of it, I was just curious. :) Thanks

4. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

The system itself is not worth much. However, the accelerator and scsi card could bring $100 or more each.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Your system looks yellowed - but at least it looks like complete in box. Throw it up on eBay and see what you get. You'll probably end up with a collector who wants it for its completeness...

6. David Schmidt macrumors 6502

David Schmidt

You typically can get more by parting some things out, especially for the CPU and SCSI cards. Boxes seem to score a bit of a premium, and a demonstrably working setup is definitely a plus too. None of that "Powers on, but I have no way of testing" baloney.

7. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

The system is little bit yellowed in some areas, but it's not as bad as others I have seen. I have booted the machine up, tested it, and even tested the SCSI card with an external SCSI HD which I suppose I could include, everything works. I used a standard 13" TV as the monitor which worked fine.

As far as the extra memory and CPU card I don't know, however they were in good condition. :) Thanks for all the information guys, I don't know too much about Apple II machines so I'm glad I asked.