Apple IIGS WOZ crystal paperweight

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by rshanahan, Mar 4, 2014.

1. rshanahan macrumors regular

Folks,

I was looking at my paperweight on my desk and wondered if it had any value. Of course I checked Ebay and found two listed for around $390

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...aperweight&_nkw=IIGS+woz+paperweight&_sacat=0

There were none under sold items and several under completed items with none sold with varying prices in the $300 range.

What I'm asking is if you look closely and compare the pictures of both, the font is different (and even the shape) between the one from Texas and the one from Canada.

Anyone know if there were two series of these, possibly one US and one for the Canadian market? Seems pretty strange that they'd have two of them, but this looks like they did.

I plan on keeping mine and reminds me of my 80's Apple // roots. I cannot remember how I acquired it, but I did work part time at a local Apple store in the late 80's so it was probably given to the store, then to me.

2. tdiaz macrumors 6502

Glass etching with sand blasting is already inconsistent.

These things were not that uncommon, and perhaps even second or third run manufactured. It's just a glass award with an etching. it's not uncommon for those things to be inconsistent with each other from the same manufacture.

What bugs me is the engraving on the bottom is hack like, and the other seller doesn't bother to mention it.

That said, I've seen several of these in the years way past. They didn't look alike either.

3. David Schmidt macrumors 6502

David Schmidt

I got a hundred bucks for mine a couple of years back. Seemed ridiculous then. Seems more so now.