Apple iMac returns

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bellang, Nov 30, 2007.

1. bellang macrumors member

Would appreciate any advice here, I seem to have built up a bit of a saga here and not sure on what step to follow next so any thoughts appreciated.

The saga starts... I bought an imac 20" a couple of weeks ago, decided I wasnt happy with the screen, organised a return which is happening on Monday. I then decided to order the 24" since its not a TN screen which I've been awaiting to arrive, just announced it ships today to sunny old London. I now see that the Apple store has discounts so I can save myself approx 60-70 quid if I ordered today.

I'm not in a huge rush for the iMac , but unsure how Apple will take the fact of me returning two items in a row. & also, anyone have experience of just refusing delivery for an item? Apple (on phone) mentioned there maybe a re-stocking fee, but here in the UK, I dont think they can apply this due to distant selling act.

Any help appreciated from my waffle.

2. Kuska macrumors regular

Kuska

With faults in the initial 14 day period, you can return with no issues - I know, because I just returned 3 faulty 24" models - Apple were extremely helpful.

If you want to take advantage of the offer (I wish I'd waited now!!!) then I suggest you cancel prior to delivery and re-order against the new pricing.

I think also, that you can return if unopened no questions asked in the initial 14 day period anyway.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

don't you guys also have the 14-day price protection?

4. peejack macrumors 6502a

WTF??

Im gonna be getting a new imac 20" or 24" but im not sure which, what problems did you have?

5. bellang thread starter macrumors member

Fogetting faulty ones, the 24" screen is far superior to the 20" (imho). Worth checking them out in the shops.

Spoke to the wife, she's not keen on returning another one so its staying...

6. Kuska macrumors regular

Kuska

Don't want to bang on about it and the forums have covered iMac related issues in some depth.

In summary

2 x iMacs with condensation issues and yellow tint to the screen
    1 x iMac with half yellow tinted screen

iMac no. 4 however.........

.........no screen yellowing, no gradients - it's the best computer I've ever owned (and I've owned a fair few) and I can't stay away from it !!!

I'm also getting the feeling that a lot of these 'earlier' issues have been worked out now.

PS all 24" screns

7. Mac6272 macrumors member

I myself am on my 4th iMac the first 2 had screen condensation and backlight bleeding aswell and 3rd it sounded like a wire was hittting the fan and now my 4th i think is perfect , no backlighting at all so far so good hopefully this is a keeper!

8. peejack macrumors 6502a

Were all this models brought as soon as the aluminum version was released?

9. Mac6272 macrumors member

No not at all purchased my first iMac October 22nd, I must admit i think the 4th one is a winner there is barely any backlight bleeding at all on this one. So after a month of testing and returning my iMacs and i am actually happy now. ty guys! Hopefully you guys dont have any of the bad luck i had